Marshmallow or Nougat?

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone. I have had my Samsung Galaxy S7 now since March. I moved over from Iphone to Android. I was wondering when Nougat is released for Galaxy S7 will I have to install it? What are the advantages to updating to Nougat? I am concerned cause i love the way My Galaxy S7 works on Marshmallow. It is the best phone i have ever had. I don't want to do anything to it that will cause any problems. Yes I have gone through upgrades with IOS and have had no issues. I would just like some peoples opinions on what to do and what to expect since this will be my 1st update for Android.
Thanks

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The Nougat update will also bring a lot of the Note 7 features to the S7, such as third party notifications on the always on display, an improved and sleeker interface, seamless updating, better battery management, and a number of other things. In general this update will really make the phone better.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Great question. This is something people are always asking and I always say, if you are happy with how your device is performing and there is no particular features in Nougat that you want. Stick with Marshmallow. Nougat does have some security and battery life improvements which some people really want (like me). You can also wait a couple WEEKS to see if any major problems are reported and if nothing comes up then you can push that update button with confidence.

A droid a day, keep the apple away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC