Trying to recover files from S7 with broken screen

BradSCJB

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
My S7 has a broken screen. I have replaced the phone, but I have some critical items I need to get off the phone. I have tried everything, but with the phone having a lock pattern on it, I am unable to unlock it to get into it via any applications like Kies3. Since its not on the network and wireless isnt enabled, I am unable to access it via the samsung 'find my phone' utilities to remotely unlock it. I have tried to mock my pattern on the screen, but it doesnt work.

Anyone have any last ditch efforts I can try? Everything I have read/tried won't work.

It's a verizon phone - can the guys at my local verizon store do anything for me?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Well, I would at least take the phone in and see if they can help you. If the S7 does allow for screen replacements then you should be good to go. The phone works, just the screen is broken.

If you brave and want to try fix it yourself, Have a look on "jerryrigeverything" on youtube. Maybe he has done a screen replacement video. He also lists all the parts needed in the video description.

Hope your lovely Samsung gets fixed soon!

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Did you use the phone on Sidesync before? Because if you did, if you plug it in a PC which has sidesync installed, the program can show you the phone screen and you can control it on a PC. Even unlock it on a PC.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If you truly have critical items you need to get off the phone, I would suggest you take it somewhere to have the screen and digitizer replaced. It might cost you $200+ or so, but you should be able to enter your passcode and get your data.

joshwilks

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure Verizon will be able to do anything for you but I'm sure Samsung will be able to. You could always get the screen and digitizer replaced as cohoman said, at least then you'll be able to sell it and get your data back.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I'd probably be reluctant to send it into the manufacturer for repairs. They may clear any data so they can test functionality before shipping it back....I can't speak top mmn Samsung directly, but I have seen that happen with screen repairs before.

Abbyac

Aug 19, 2017
Visit site
Same experience happened to me before, but instead of an s7 I had a note 7. You can try to fix the broken screen by yourself, which will not cost you a lot. Or if you have an old phone you can try to transfer the files by exchanging the screen cable. But before you try the replacement work, you can connect your Galaxy to PC and download a drive from Samsung.com according to your mobile model. Then run it and go to my computer to see if you can get your files back. Hope this can give you useful clues, and you can recover files from Galaxy S7 with broken screen successfully.