Random decreases in performance

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed random decreases in performance with their phones?

Yesterday, I left for work with a full charge, and seemingly fine performance. Once I got to work though, I noticed whenever I used my phone, there was a lot of lag and studdering, it was running particularly warm, and my battery was draining much faster than it normally does.

So I closed all programs, tried switching between both wifi and 4G to see if there was a difference (there wasn't), and monitored my battery usage for anything odd.

By the end of my 9 hour shift, I was at around 35% battery life with around 2 hours of SOT (I usually leave work with around 70% battery life and maybe an hour and a half of SOT).

The only noticeable difference in my usage stats was that it showed the Facebook app had used the largest percentage of my battery when it's normally number 3 or 4 on the list.

Now I know what you're thinking, it's the Facebook app acting up, but I've only had the problem and really random and isolated times, and I use the Facebook app constantly, which makes me suspect it's maybe a network issue or some other kind of internal issue.

Any ideas?

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
There was a day a week or 2 ago when there was apparently an issue with FB servers. There's another thread where this was discussed. My phone also saw a large battery drain that particular day. Haven't seen that since.

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I suspected it was the cell signal, but it's usually okay at work.

It would probably make more sense that Facebook had some of network-taxing flub up like before.

Although I will definitely be trying booting into safe mode if it happens again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try installing GSam so you can review the cell signal strength graph over a day in the office. You might be surprised -- maybe there are some parts of the office that are black holes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs