New from BlackBerry to S7

GraCal

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I have used BlackBerry since my company issued them in 2000. They are great phones for what I use a phone for (95% calls, emails, texts, calendar).

A couple of months ago I decided to give the S7 a try. At first, it took some time to get used to typing coming from a physical keyboard. I knew right away that this was an over all great phone and once I got used to the keyboard, I didn't look back.

To be honest, I have customized this phone to look and feel as close to a BlackBerry as a could. I wanted to pull over the things I liked and was familiar with. There were really only a few things I really wanted, and after a little searching, I found them.

One was the BlackBerry keyboard. I went to YouTube and in 2 minutes it was on my phone. Customized ringtone and alerts were also added quickly. Anyone from BlackBerry knows that customized LEDs can be a big deal, and that took me a while. I'm used to blue being a text and green being an email.

There are some apps that help with this, but they weren't working on my phone how I wanted them to. So I recently found the email app Nine. If you use Exchange, I highly recommend it. The best (and only) $10 I have spent on an app. It let's me customize everything within my email including the green LED.

Anyway, I wanted to express how great this phone has been and how easy it was for me to adapt. It is a great work phone and has not disappointed.

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I have used BlackBerry since my company issued them in 2000. They are great phones for what I use a phone for (95% calls, emails, texts, calendar).

A couple of months ago I decided to give the S7 a try. At first, it took some time to get used to typing coming from a physical keyboard. I knew right away that this was an over all great phone and once I got used to the keyboard, I didn't look back.

To be honest, I have customized this phone to look and feel as close to a BlackBerry as a could. I wanted to pull over the things I liked and was familiar with. There were really only a few things I really wanted, and after a little searching, I found them.

One was the BlackBerry keyboard. I went to YouTube and in 2 minutes it was on my phone. Customized ringtone and alerts were also added quickly. Anyone from BlackBerry knows that customized LEDs can be a big deal, and that took me a while. I'm used to blue being a text and green being an email.

There are some apps that help with this, but they weren't working on my phone how I wanted them to. So I recently found the email app Nine. If you use Exchange, I highly recommend it. The best (and only) $10 I have spent on an app. It let's me customize everything within my email including the green LED.

Anyway, I wanted to express how great this phone has been and how easy it was for me to adapt. It is a great work phone and has not disappointed.

Great choice GraCal. The S7 really is among the best android phones & you can't go wrong. Everything is top of the line. If you have any excuse to use the camera, go for it. Most would say that there is none better among android phones.. In all reality there are some budget phones that can do the same if all you need to do is text, make calls, etc like you said. There are even some phones at half the price that you can use that have most of the features the top Samsung phones have also. I'm here to help if you ever need any advice. If it's a company phone & you didn't have to pay for it, congratulations! :)

washuai

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I've never had BlackBerry though I can appreciate. I had light flow a couple phones back, good app, I need to go get it again for this one. I saw somewhere recently they make a physical keyboard layover for S7, for people that miss it.
Personally, learning to swype had been three biggest boon, since losing a physical too long ago to remember. (Swyping is dragging your fingers through words, has been good), even if the auto correct annoys me plenty.

One of the better talk to types, too.

legin111

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site

I too came from BlackBerry, moved on to a couple of androids, but I gotta say this S7 works like a charm for me. I did what you did...got the keyboard, hub, notes and calender. Although Gboard and swiftkey are both great keyboards. I'm really digging the new Gboard, lots of extra's that the BlackBerry can't even come close to

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2