Fast Charge Not Working

Shifty88

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone shine some light on this? It was working fine up until a few days ago when I noticed plugging it in that it no longer was fast charging. Sometimes throughout the charging period it'll kick in but it seems random.

I've cleaned the cables and the ports and made sure they're all plugged in nice and snug. The setting in the battery section is on so I'm not sure what's causing this.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Are you using the original cable? That caused me issues when I needed a new one. The cable wouldn't use the charge properly.

When it's plugged in do you see the fast charge option?

Shifty88

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's the original cable and charger.

I don't see an option. It used to just always fast charge.

Last edited:

Cathleen Hernandez

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
Can anyone shine some light on this? It was working fine up until a few days ago when I noticed plugging it in that it no longer was fast charging. Sometimes throughout the charging period it'll kick in but it seems random.

I've cleaned the cables and the ports and made sure they're all plugged in nice and snug. The setting in the battery section is on so I'm not sure what's causing this.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Did you get a random Knox update? I noticed mine started doing this too after that happened.

Shifty88

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I ended up swapping out the cable. That worked. Weird that the cable they supply wears out so quickly. Only had the thing for about 6 months. Neither my carrier nor Samsung would warranty the damn thing either. Total nonsense.

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I'll be honest I toggle mine on and off frequently. If I'm at work I'll throw it on my wireless charger on slow just because I'm there. If I know I need a boost n quick I'll put it back on

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
That's another reason I like wireless charging, not because I wore out ports but I would break or wear out good cables quickly. Lasts month I had a run where 5 of cables went bad, one taking out my wireless charger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan