S7 camera app gallery shortcut show only taken photos

vkent

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
When navigating to the gallery through the camera app, it displays all phone images (whatsapp, cammera photos, etc)

Is there a way to display only all the photos i've taken?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
If you access the gallery via the camera app, you will only get the images that the camera has taken (and you haven't moved to other albums). It's only meant to be a preview of your snapshots.
Open your gallery from your home page and you'll get all your pics. I usually create albums there so my pics are organised and easy to find...

vkent

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
That's what I would like it to work, but now if I download an image from the browser and then open the camera and take a photo, when navigating to the gallery from the camera previews I first see my photo, and sweeping right the image I just download.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! One way is to find the directory where the extraneous images are, and use a file manager app to add a blank text file titled ".nomedia" (without the quote marks). This instructs the system to ignore that directory and any subdirectories when looking for images to add to the gallery database.

The Gallery app is meant to show all images on your storage, not just your Camera roll.

lucasbda1

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
i have the same issue, and it's really annoying. I used the nomedia trick as a desperate workaround, but it just sucks not to have any other folder on the gallery app, no more whatsapp media, no more screenshots... i wonder if there is a way to downgrade the gallery app to the marshmallow's app and make its shortcut on the camera app workable

gardenalle

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Exactly same f*ck*ng problem here .. Dont know what to do anymore... Actually had it on S7, bought s8 today and it stays the same .. I´m really annoyed with that :mad:

Anyone on this problem?

falconwd

May 13, 2017
Visit site
hello,
i have the same problem after i updated to nougat on my s6. the gallery in the camera app should only show the pictures and video's taken with the camera app.
please help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz