Update To Latest OS Despite Carrier

Shifty88

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to update my S7 to the latest version of Nougat despite my carrier not pushing it? I'm with Freedom Mobile.

jdmorin

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
You could get a pay as you go sim from a carrier who is pushing it. Other than that I'm not really sure.

Just use wifi to download with the sim then replace with your normal sim card.

keshav9

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Which carrier you got? T-Mobile and AT&T have pushed the Nougat update for their S7 and S7 Edge.
Look for software version G930AUCU4BQA6 (AT&T S7), G935AUCU4BQA6 (AT&T S7 Edge), G930TUVU4BQB1 (T-Mobile S7) and G935TUVU4BQB1 (T-Mobile S7 Edge).

Shifty88

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ah okay. Thanks, guys. I just figured I could download the ROM from somewhere kinda like the good old days of BlackBerry where you could download the OS from their servers and load it onto the phone regardless of what your carrier is currently pushing.

Do any of you happen to know where to check to see what OS is currently being pushed and if a certain carrier is planning on a future release? I'm unaware of Freedom Mobile's website giving that info but I know Rogers' site does.

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Ah okay. Thanks, guys. I just figured I could download the ROM from somewhere kinda like the good old days of BlackBerry where you could download the OS from their servers and load it onto the phone regardless of what your carrier is currently pushing.

Do any of you happen to know where to check to see what OS is currently being pushed and if a certain carrier is planning on a future release? I'm unaware of Freedom Mobile's website giving that info but I know Rogers' site does.

http://www.sammobile.com does (I think it's under your specific device, to get the ROM).

Otherwise, Rogers and Videotron do (I don't know about others, I haven't checked).

Shifty88

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if they have. Can't find a section on their website that lists devices and current OS releases. It's okay. I'll just wait. Not that there's anything wrong with Marshmallow. I'm just excited to try out Nougat.

Thanks, everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech