What the heck is going on with my S7???

JRock2407

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys n Gals,

I have owned my beloved S7 since new, never had any problems with it up until about a month ago. (phone is stock, no modifications whatsoever)

First off, it kept doing a random re-boots and shutdowns. I stupidly ignored it and carried on with life. It started getting worse, more often it would re-boot and get stuck in a loop and sometimes just completely die, no response what so ever. Again, I ignored it and carried on with life.

Now my phone is completely screwed, I know I should have not ignored the warning signs but life is busy and I did not have time to attempt repairs or troubleshoot it..........I'm paying for it now!

I tried a factory reset, total waste of time as this resolved nothing. The phone reset back to factory but still had all the issues previously. I tried flashing the stock firmware from sammobile but did the same thing, tried Nougat and that did not even install. Tried stock again and the same thing, same issues as before.

The phone now sometimes re-boots with red text on it and forced to hard reset. Now the phone is completely dead, won't charge, won't boot with whatever button configuration I use. Oh and when the phone does freeze on the red text screen, it gets incredibly HOT, almost too hot to touch the edges of the phone which is rather worrying.

I don't know what else to try or am I wasting my time and my phone is 100% dead. Never had this issue with previous S5 or S6 despite numerous flashes of stock and non stock firmware.

What should I do next, don't want to make things any worse if they can get any worse.

Looking for some help or advise.

Happy to supply more information or answer any questions prior.

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering if this is a hardware issue of some sort. As you have tried many solutions that try to fix the software, and that didn't work, something hardware related is the only option left.

As for what exactly is wrong, I am not sure.

JRock2407

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I suppose the only other option can be hardware but need to know for sure before I throw this out and get a new phone........when I can afford it that is!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
How long have you had it. I would have it turned in immediately for a factory replacement. Insurance or not that's a manufacture defect and they should cover it

JRock2407

May 29, 2014
Visit site
That is exactly what I tried to do with Samsung as the phone is under warranty but they refused to fix it as the screen was broken, they said I have to get the screen fixed (£209!) before they will fix the software..........bloody joke! Apparently the phone is not covered by warranty because it has a damaged screen!

Forced to fix the phone before they will repair, can't afford to have the screen repaired!

JRock2407

May 29, 2014
Visit site
So update today.

Phone booted and showed:

Bootloader exception

[RST_STAT = 0x10000000]
EVT 1.0
ASV TBL VER = 8 Grade = C

And a bunch of other stuff in red and green text.

So would appear my Boot loader is f****d. So I have re-downloaded the boot loader from SamMobile and have re-flashed to my phone. So far, so good..........

Hope and pray this fixes it!!!!!!

JRock2407

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Didn't work!

Tried re-flashing boot loader and stock ROM and phone still freezes, sometimes boots into Recovery and freezes.

I don't know what else to try. Everything I try seems to work for a short time and then phone freezes, crashes, boot loops, etc, etc, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol