Any Way to Get Pics from a Locked S7?

shaashiie88

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
I changed my passcode on my S7 a few months ago and forgot it the next morning. I have my fingerprint set up, so if my phone died or restarted I would just go on Samsung Find My Mobile, lock my phone via that, and then I would be back in my phone and able to use the fingerprint til the next restart.
I just bought a SIM card and was going to transfer my pictures to it this week (already did my videos) and do a factory reset to hopefully fix the ongoing issue with the passcode. But, of course, I just got the Nougat update and now the Find My Mobile trick doesn't work anymore. I'm officially locked out of my phone. When I lock my phone via FMM, it still prompts me for my device passcode after entering the temporary FMM passcode. Also tried the google version of FMM but that doesn't work, either.

Long story short, I have about a year's worth of pictures on my phone that I really need but now can't get to. Including pictures of my grandmother who recently passed away and a couple vacations. I'm wondering if anyone knows of ANY way to get those pics back.

I'm wondering, last resort, if I brought it into the AT&T store if they can transfer the pics to my old Moto X that I just confirmed I can still get into? Then I could move those to my computer and back to the S7 once it's unlocked? Or if they'd need me to unlock the S7 first with my passcode? I think I'm screwed but I'm hoping there is something someone can offer.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Any way that I know of requires that the phone be unlocked with the passcode or fingerprint to be able to even access the file system without being unlocked.

H2oflyer

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
I always set up camera so that pics go direct to SD card. I also make sure any pics that are on internal storage get transfered to the SD card.

I recently decided to replace/backup my 4 yr old SD card with a couple of thousand pics by copying everything to the phone , then replacing the SD card with a new larger SD card and transfering the pics to the new card.

I consider my photos as very valuable and I now have a hard backup (old SD card) . I realize that I still have backup on my Google account. If your pics are valuable you can't have too many backups.

Last edited:

shaashiie88

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Try using Dr. Fone. I've used it in a security role to recover evidence.

I checked out Dr. Fone and it seems like it isn't compatible with the S7. Did you try it with an S7 specifically?

I understand I should have backed up my pics and I learned my lesson the hard way. The worst part is I was prepared to do it but I had been too busy the last few days to do it. Just my luck! ha

shaashiie88

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Can you retrieve your pics from your Google account....Google photo app

Unless I'm missing something, there are only a handful of pictures that backed up via Google. I guess I didn't have it set to automatically back up that way and I do remember manually backing up a few of those that are there. Do I just log into my Google account and see what photos are there? I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious and that they're there!

H2oflyer

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Unless I'm missing something, there are only a handful of pictures that backed up via Google. I guess I didn't have it set to automatically back up that way and I do remember manually backing up a few of those that are there. Do I just log into my Google account and see what photos are there? I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious and that they're there!

When I checked my Google photo app I found there were pics that I had forgotten about and had deleted. Included pics from my old Sony phones. I always had my previous phones set to store pics on the SD card and did erase a lot, but they ended up on my Google photo app. anyway. Transfering pics from the Google app to my new SD card is difficult and has to be done by individual pic.

shaashiie88

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately, the photos were not there in the Google photo app.

I did notice that there isn't a password field on my phone for the Android Device Manager temporary password I set. Is this always the case? It seems silly to have me set a password but then not give me a field to enter the password in?

Also, I contacted Samsung and they said that the issue with ADM is a Google issue and they cannot help. They said my only option is to wipe the phone. Was at the AT&T store for an hour and they could not help. I can't find a phone number or a way to chat with Google for help with the ADM. Any suggestions?

All help so far has been much appreciated!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power