Why the build in flashlight disappeared after update

A

AC Question

My samnsung galaxy s7 had a build in flashlight but after Samsung automatically updated the flashlight disappeared. I slide the finger down and the WiFi, Bluetooth, volume, etc still there but no the flashlight

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
My samnsung galaxy s7 had a build in flashlight but after Samsung automatically updated the flashlight disappeared. I slide the finger down and the WiFi, Bluetooth, volume, etc still there but no the flashlight

Have you tried to scroll down then over and see if it's on the second screen? Mine is still there

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, it's still there...on the second page. You can re-arrange them, though, but now the notification shade is a little different on Nougat.

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
There are so many flashlight apps out there, its probably better to just get one instead of messing with all that.

I use powerlight, and its useful to have the shortcut on my main screen.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
There are so many flashlight apps out there, its probably better to just get one instead of messing with all that.

I use powerlight, and its useful to have the shortcut on my main screen.

That's horrible advice. Messing with all that? Are you one of those people that doesn't customize anything? Set up your quick toggles the way you want. Still quicker and far better than having to add an app for a built-in function.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can also add it to the edge menus, and that will give you an 'extra' with brightness level control and, for some reason, a ruler.

As for the 3rd party app advice, it's not terrible... just, at least in this case for something this basic, maybe not ideal. Unless the 3rd party app adds any significant functionality (Morse code, SOS signals, etc.) then adding an extra app that will take extra resources might not be the best course of action hehe.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow thanks for being so kind.

People,

Whereas I don't agree with his advice either, coachpelkey has the right to vice his opinion here just like the rest of us. It's up to the OP to decide which advice he/she decides to take. All opinions are welcomed here whether we agree with them or not. Thank you coachpelkey for sharing yours!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs