Switching from S5 to S7 for my dad. Regarding SIM

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
So my dad has an S5 which is starting to give him problems now and wants to switch to a newer phone. I got the S7 Edge I got from the Note 7 fiasco to hold me over, but also have an S7 I don't use anymore and he's interested in.

Anyway, the S5 has the larger SIM card while the S7 uses NANO. If I'm correct I'll just have to take it to Tmobile and have them convert his info onto a new NANO sim card and he will be good to go? That is what they did when I switched from an S5 to S6.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You are correct. The best way to do it is to just get a new SIM, but if they want to charge you for it and/or you don't want to shell out the cash, they should be able to cut it to size. If the SIM your dad is using is not older than a couple years, the card should already be pre-cut, so you can just pop it off to make it a nano.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't think his was pre cut. His phone before the S5 was an S3 then some other older phone before that. I was going to give him mine last year then noticed he had the older SIM and he didn't feel like going to Tmobile at the time.

I told him he could wait until the S8 Plus comes out but doesn't want to spend 8 to 900 bucks for a phone lol. He doesn't text much and just used it to check his email and stocks on and uses wifi at home and doesn't even have data plan on it anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance