I updated my Samsung 7 to the newest operating system.
    I dont like it at all.
    My biggest gripe: I used to be able to push the calling app and had 3 tabs:
    Recent
    Favorites - which was a Grid with contact photos
    Contacts.

I very badly need my Favorites. It is so tedious now to go to Contacts and scroll DOWN to get to favorites and the pictures are so much smaller.

I would appreciate any advice.
    mesocyclone30 likes this.
    03-01-2017 02:07 PM
    maybe its the way you have it set up? my favorites are right at the top when i select contacts.
    03-01-2017 07:44 PM
    I would like to know how to get it back, too!!
    03-01-2017 10:28 PM
    Me too.
    03-01-2017 10:33 PM
    The favorites are still there at the top, just under the contacts tab now.
    03-03-2017 07:41 AM
    I know that. I would prefer the favorites tab where I don't have to scroll to find who I need to call. I can just tap a box like before.
    03-09-2017 06:26 PM
    I know that. I would prefer the favorites tab where I don't have to scroll to find who I need to call. I can just tap a box like before.
    03-11-2017 05:14 PM
    I too agree with you. I have been doing some research and so far I have been able to identify the change is not the favorites but the list of top contacts. The favorites is still present but that nice top contacts grid that went sideways has been removed from as far as I can tell. If some one knows how to repair, replace or retrieve that option, I am all ears. P.S. So far I hate nougat. Miss marshmallow.
    03-11-2017 05:20 PM
    I dont like it at all.
    Recent
    Contacts.

I very badly need my Favorites. It is so tedious now to go to Contacts and scroll DOWN to get to favorites and the pictures are so much smaller.

That's the biggest gripe of mine with Nougat. the other being the drop down notification bar. Since I'm on Verizon fortunately the settings menu is still the same, the way I like it.
    03-13-2017 03:02 AM
    My S7 Active updated last night and I was also disappointed that they did away with Favorites in the phone app. If you open contacts, there is a really tiny star on the right at the top of the alphabet used for jumping through the contacts. Tap this and it will bring you to the top of the contact list where favorites are located. You still need to go into each contact and set it as a favorite. It is less user friendly than before

I also was just getting used to the settings menu (i converted to Droid after 9 years with Apple) Not sure why designers always have to make interfaces less friendly-but this is a commonality between Apple and Droid..

I have also had issues with the call log and emails wiped out for the 48 hours before the update-I had to remove and reinstall my Exchange account which squared away the email issue.
    03-13-2017 11:27 AM
    As another option than the tiny star, as you are scrolling through your contact list there is also an Up Arrow at the bottom of the screen that you can push to take you to the top. See the bottom of the screenshot attached.

Nougat Update i lost the Favorites tab for contacts on my S7. Help!-screenshot_20170313-135731.jpg
    03-13-2017 02:02 PM
    I think the "Favorites" were change to "Frequently Contacted". As i cannot also see favorties now.
    03-17-2017 05:44 AM
    Why don't you just add one touch dial widgets into a folder for them? Also, my favorites are still there after tapping contacts. Top of the list.
    CBonney likes this.
    03-17-2017 06:27 AM
    Yes, there are workarounds. But since 90% of my calls go to a favorite, it seems a foolish item to have made more difficult to use. Do other people not use favorites for calls?
    03-17-2017 09:19 AM
    I used my favorite tab more then the other two tabs. Now I have to tap the name and then tap the phone symbol. Waste of time.
    03-17-2017 12:05 PM
    Thanks for that. It takes a little bit to configure but, it's doable.
    03-17-2017 04:11 PM
    As we progress and move forward there will be changes that we may not like, but we will get used to them and continue to march forward.
    03-17-2017 04:23 PM
    I think perhaps more troubling, today I was searching for a contact-it could not find it. I could find it by scrollling down through contacts, which takes a while since I have 2,400 contacts. I use Microsoft Exchange. Things like addresses show on Outlook on my PC, they do not show on the contact on my Samsung, even when I go into "details" "View More". Contacts show on Outlook on the Samsung-but Outlook for Android is very difficult to use as well.
    Does anyone know how to send constructive feedback to the Android software developers?
    03-17-2017 06:22 PM
    If you have and s7 edge, you can set it up with people edge. Though im still not sure if i like it because i still have to click another time to choose call or text. Unlike before i could just swipe.

Another way is the direct dial contact widget. I found that you have to devote a whole page for this, which i dont like cause it looks cluttered, but its just one click because it can be set up as a direct call or text.

I really dont like this update. I was very annoyed that the favorites tab was gone. It was as if they're assuming you only have 2-3 on your favorites so you dont have to scroll down.

Another thing i hate is the keyboard!!!! Its laggy and the keys are set up slightly different that i keep making more errors than before. Are you guys also having this same issue?
    04-01-2017 10:07 AM
    Another way is the direct dial contact widget. I found that you have to devote a whole page for this, which i dont like cause it looks cluttered, but its just one click because it can be set up as a direct call or text.
    I'm using the direct dial contact widget with the individual contacts grouped in a folder to prevent the clutter. I'm using Nova Prime launcher but I think you can do the same with the stock launcher.
    04-01-2017 10:35 AM
    I dont like it at all.
    Recent
    Contacts.

What used to be 2 screen touches with the old favorite tab is now 5 or 6. Unacceptable. . Why do I HAVE to get updates? This sucks.
    04-20-2017 09:03 PM
    I don't need to save money on flights anymore. WTF.
    04-20-2017 09:04 PM
    I have an S6 and had the same problem. Figured out that if you go to the contact specifically, there is a GRAY STAR by the contact name you can select. The star then turns yellow and is now a "favorite". Once you get out to main contact menu, a new "Favorite" section is right at the top with that first contact.
    05-05-2017 12:41 PM