Backu Backup says no account being used

Rlin5741

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
After the upgrade to Nougat, the Backup section, under the account setting, is now grayed out and says that no account is storing data currently. This is despite backup being turned on and after several restarts. Is this an error? Is there a way for me to check if Google is storing the backups somewhere?

Attachments

• 3790.jpg
    3790.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 26

Rlin5741

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
After the upgrade to Nougat, the Backup section, under the account setting, is now grayed out and says that no account is storing data currently. This is despite backup being turned on and after several restarts. Is this an error? Is there a way for me to check if Google is storing the backups somewhere?

Just confirmed I can go into drive on my computer, hit backups on the left side ribbon, and see all devices that are backed up. Unfortunately, it's saying that my phone was last backed up March 8, the day I upgraded to Nougat.

Am on the VZW version.

Hey I Tried

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Same here. Vzw, last backup was just before upgrading to 7, just didn't notice until reading your post.
Looking in the application manager, the Google Backup Transport has a file size of 0.

Found a post from mid February, http://forums.androidcentral.com/as...account-currently-storing-backed-up-data.html, they state uninstalling the Play Services update basically kicked the phone in the butt, and forced it to update the services, and this got their backup working.

Going to give it a shot tomorrow and see what happens.

Rlin5741

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Vzw, last backup was just before upgrading to 7, just didn't notice until reading your post.
Looking in the application manager, the Google Backup Transport has a file size of 0.

Found a post from mid February, http://forums.androidcentral.com/as...account-currently-storing-backed-up-data.html, they state uninstalling the Play Services update basically kicked the phone in the butt, and forced it to update the services, and this got their backup working.

Going to give it a shot tomorrow and see what happens.

No such luck, the nougat update has the latest version of Play Services, so no way to roll back to prior version.

I had luck getting it back temporarily by clearing Google One Time Init.

Wife's S7 works fine, verified it's updating to drive.

Rlin5741

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
No such luck, the nougat update has the latest version of Play Services, so no way to roll back to prior version.

I had luck getting it back temporarily by clearing Google One Time Init.

Wife's S7 works fine, verified it's updating to drive.

Maybe it has to do with running Helium? I ran a Helium backup after I got the account settings back by clearing Google One Time, and later in the evening the setting reverted back to no account.

Can't say if they are related. Have factory reset, backup settings are back to normal. will use Helium to restore and see if the backup settings stick.

Rlin5741

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it has to do with running Helium? I ran a Helium backup after I got the account settings back by clearing Google One Time, and later in the evening the setting reverted back to no account.

Can't say if they are related. Have factory reset, backup settings are back to normal. will use Helium to restore and see if the backup settings stick.

Did a full wipe and reinstall, including restore and backup cycle with Helium. Looked on Drive and saw that an Android backup was run this morning.

Looks like the solution, unfortunately, is a factory reset. In the future, may have luck uninstalling play services to force it to reinitialize, but since the new Nougat base currently has the most up to date play, it's not doable right now.

Wiping data and cache for Google One Tim Init seemed to work temporarily, but for now the full factory wipe appears to have worked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX