Gmail Push Notification Delay after Nougat

authority11

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Prior to my updating to Nougat, I used to receive emails notifications on my S7 instantly when sent (i.e. same as I received them on my desktop GMail. After updating to Nougat, I now have a 3-4 minute delay receiving GMail push notifications on my phone. My work email that I have on my phone (Outlook based) receives notifications instantly, however.

Anybody have any ideas? I have already moved the GMail app to be "not optimized" for battery/doze purposes.

Distrack

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Prior to my updating to Nougat, I used to receive emails notifications on my S7 instantly when sent (i.e. same as I received them on my desktop GMail. After updating to Nougat, I now have a 3-4 minute delay receiving GMail push notifications on my phone. My work email that I have on my phone (Outlook based) receives notifications instantly, however.

Anybody have any ideas? I have already moved the GMail app to be "not optimized" for battery/doze purposes.

just got Nougat (finally) and I have the same problem. Also my S7 can take more than 20 minutes before it finally connect to the WiFi when I get home.

Last Samsung phone for me.

Mark8768

May 24, 2010
Visit site

Just started having this issue the last couple days.. no fix yet

gluttonfp

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site

I installed the Nougat update on my S7 last night, and just realized that my Gmail isn't syncing at all. I can see all of my previous messages, but didn't receive any new email on my phone since before the update last night. The Hotmail account that I access through the "Email" app on my phone seems fine. Did anyone find a solution yet?

peekayro

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
I've been experiencing the same issue. Crazy delays, very annoying!
I find myself constantly checking my gmail for messages and everytime, there are a few more that pop up.

What to do??? Has anything worked for anyone?

jkayakj

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Make sure the Samsung optimization thing isn't killing the app... Go into the app settings and then battery and make sure it says "not optimized"

Mahi R

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site
My gmail won't sync when the screen is in sleep mode for a while. Which literally sucks, as I need to turn the screen on to see there is any notification. When I woke up in the morning and check the phone I saw no gmail notification but after few mins I saw notifications coming one by one, which is ridiculous. Because the email were sent hours ago.
Any solution to it?

Distrack

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
In my s-7 I go into applications>application manager>open Gmail> scroll down and make sure Notifications is set to allowed.

it is obviously set to allowed since we receive the notification but sometimes only after 2-5 minutes (even 20 minutes sometimes) after my tablets/Thunderbird/backup phone received them.

Very annoying.

I disabled the battery optimization and will report back in a few days.

whosright

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
it is obviously set to allowed since we receive the notification but sometimes only after 2-5 minutes (even 20 minutes sometimes) after my tablets/Thunderbird/backup phone received them.

Very annoying.

I disabled the battery optimization and will report back in a few days.
Go into settings> accounts> g-mail> make sure sync e-mail is toggled on! Also go to settings> notifications> scroll down to g-mail, make sure it is toggled on. Last, go to Settings> applications> application manager> scroll down to g-mail> tap to OPEN> scroll to notification...make sure it says allowed. If it says blocked, change to allow...That is everything I can suggest checking, good luck!

Distrack

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Go into settings> accounts> g-mail> make sure sync e-mail is toggled on! Also go to settings> notifications> scroll down to g-mail, make sure it is toggled on. Last, go to Settings> applications> application manager> scroll down to g-mail> tap to OPEN> scroll to notification...make sure it says allowed. If it says blocked, change to allow...That is everything I can suggest checking, good luck!

read the messages above your's, problem solved (in my case)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non