Every time I open Fox News since the update the screen gets far brighter and then it goes back to normal brightness when I go back to the home screen. I tried uninstalling Fox News and reinstalling and that didn't help which I didn't think it would.

I've had my S7 for over a year and never had spontaneous reboots and since the update nougat it has spontaneously rebooted twice within a half an hour. I was using the A&E app to Chromecast when this occurred. I know there are some complaints about A&E but I don't know if that's the cause of the reboots.

I haven't found a single solitary feature of nougat that I find compelling.

I updated my wife's phone to nougat and brightness does not increase when Fox News is opened nor has she had any other problems since nougat
    03-15-2017 10:54 AM
    For the brightness problem go into settings > advanced features and turn off video enhancer.
    1812dave likes this.
    03-15-2017 11:04 AM
    Thanks! I thought I had already turned it off but it was on and that cured the problem
    LineKill likes this.
    03-15-2017 11:17 AM
    Nougat re-set several of my settings. I see that some people had re-sets that I didn't and vice-versa, so maybe the re-sets are a bit random as to which app is affected.

Problem is, some of these I never had to set, the phone came the way I wanted it (in those cases), so I'm having to figure out which are things I need to set and which are changes I have to live with. Also, often I don't have the terminology to describe what I want or to search for it -- for example, Video Enhancer is a new term for me.

It's like when the need-service icon popped up on my car and said "Oxygen Sensor" in red. I told the service guy "Why does it need an oxygen sensor? Either it has oxygen or it is underwater and has bigger problems than oxygen."
    03-20-2017 03:48 PM