Yes. Getting much better battery life on my s7 and s7e since they got the nougat update...
    jimd1050 and Paul627g like this.
    03-21-2017 01:43 AM
    Well this is encouraging. Thanks! How many of you did a factory reset after the upgrade? I know that's generally recommended but ugh, not something I would want to do!
    Didn't do a factory reset. Wasn't necessary for my s7 and s7e.
    03-21-2017 01:44 AM
    I don't know where you're getting that info from
    Over in the Q&A forum (where non-members can post) we've had quite a few people complaining about the new design and how it "ruined" their device, even to the point of wanting to roll back the update.

Here is an example of those posts:

Is there any way to uninstall the new Nougat update on Galaxy 7?
    03-21-2017 07:10 AM
    I'm also happy with it, I like the new features and UI. I did a factory reset on general principles.
    03-21-2017 08:36 AM
    Yes. The vast, vast, vast, vast... vast, vast, vast... vast, vast vast majority of users are either fine with the new update or unaware of what is different and therefore content.
    03-21-2017 09:14 AM
    Yes. The vast, vast, vast, vast... vast, vast, vast... vast, vast vast majority of users are either fine with the new update or unaware of what is different and therefore content.
    To piggy back on this.... this forum is chock to the gills with selection bias. So many people come here to get answers to their questions or ways to solve their problems. If you hang out in a hospital emergency room all day, you might be inclined to think that EVERYONE was completely busted up and dying of some random illness.

Other than a weird issue where some photos are lost, my wife has had zero issues with the upgrade on her S7 Edge (to be honest, the picture thing reared its head on 6 on her old S7 too, so it isn't version specific I suspect). I've fussed with the phone a bit to get a few things back the way she prefers, and overall, the phone runs great... and I am sure that most users are in the same boat. It's not like she has some magical phone, immune to issues, so there will be others with the same good experience.

That isn't to say that EVERYONE will have a good experience. So they come here, to AC, and commiserate with the others who are having issues. And hopefully we can help you all.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-21-2017 09:56 AM
    And hopefully we can help you all.
    You can help them. I'm going to make fun of them.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-21-2017 10:01 AM
    Upgraded mine just fine and had no problems. With previous phones and OS updates I've always done a backup and factory defaulted the phone after a update but not this time.

To be honest most of the grumbles I've seen on forums seem to be something that could easily be fixed with a factory default and that will be my first port of call if I have any issues.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-21-2017 11:07 AM
    Actually I really like it, battery drain seems to be much less and even fast charging seems faster. Just cannot wait to see if a Note 8 arrives
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-21-2017 11:52 AM
    I have had no complaints about the update on my Sprint S7. I was participating in the beta and had to do one factory reset during that, but have not had to do one since. Overall, am very happy with the update, my phone has not given me any issues that I have seen.
    03-21-2017 12:23 PM
    Over in the Q&A forum (where non-members can post) we've had quite a few people complaining about the new design and how it "ruined" their device, even to the point of wanting to roll back the update.

Here is an example of those posts:

Is there any way to uninstall the new Nougat update on Galaxy 7?
    To an extent, I can understand what these people are talking about. Many people get their phones looking a specific way and are happy with their setup, the change from Marshmallow to Nougat did change some stuff and could impact someone's familiarity and "comfort".
    03-21-2017 12:26 PM
    I was reading a Nougat problem thread at the same time my S7 was upgrading. It gave me a cold chill.

I was expecting problem after problem and had made up my mind I was going to factory reset the phone once the update was done.

As it turned out, no issues at all. The new OS is a bit different but I already got used to it in less than a day. Happy.
    LeoRex, Aquila and jimd1050 like this.
    03-21-2017 12:42 PM
    I had, and still am, having alot of fun with Nougat.

I've learned alot about my phone (S7 Edge), updating, and downgrading versions of Android over the past few months.

Its running smooth, with very good battery life. I really like the blue light filter and scheduling it.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-21-2017 02:13 PM
    Completely satisfied and a big upgrade over its last couple of predecessors.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-21-2017 04:07 PM
    I am happy. Maybe some little hiccups along the way but overall love it
    03-21-2017 07:06 PM
    Not happy nor unhappy. Some things are nicer, but some things seem odd. Pry me just getting used to it. I do notice that doze seems to be way more diligent, to the point that if my phone sits for a few hours, and then gets bumped, I got a whole host of notices. That seemed to be less of a problem in 6, where it would wake up and dole out some notifications and not leave my pocket vibrate for 2 minutes straight. My phone is also currently having some battery issues, but I suspect I just need to tailor all of the new settings better. Irks me I have to, but so be it.
    Yesterday 07:50 AM
    I'm happy with the update. My battery life is a little better and I like the features and look of nougat. The only gripe I have is my settings menu being broken but I can live with that.
    Yesterday 09:49 AM
    I love it! I was a real "anti-TouchWiz" before they started making it look better but this is the best looking version yet. Great to use, light, on par with the whole Material Design thing.
    Yesterday 09:50 AM
    Some state they have done the update without having to do a factory reset afterwards and some have gone the extra mile to give their phones a clean slate. This is SOLELY your choice, based on performance or issues that may creep up afterwards. Personally, I only do it if a problem arises.

Otherwise, the update to Nougat was very smooth and no problems. It goes to show how Android has evolved over the years making things easier for the OEMs to place on their devices with little or no issues.
    dlalonde likes this.
    Yesterday 02:18 PM
    Some state they have done the update without having to do a factory reset afterwards and some have gone the extra mile to give their phones a clean slate. This is SOLELY your choice, based on performance or issues that may creep up afterwards. Personally, I only do it if a problem arises.

Otherwise, the update to Nougat was very smooth and no problems. It goes to show how Android has evolved over the years making things easier for the OEMs to place on their devices with little or no issues.
    I always do factory resets no matter the device. It's a habit I took because Windows has never been able to handle upgrade properly. I prefer it to be clean and not have anything remaining for an older version.
    Yesterday 04:17 PM
    I'm thrilled with Nougat but my V20 came with it. Phones are always best in their original version imo.
    Yesterday 04:46 PM
    I picked up the S7 when TMobile was selling them for $360. The nougat update was available when I bought it, so I don't have anything to compare it to. After it installed, I did a factory reset. It's been running smoothly for me so far. No real issues. I noticed that some of my apps crash more than they did on my V10, though.
    Yesterday 04:54 PM
    I just updated yesterday, but I like it so far. You can make the font huge so I can see so much more!! There's a few things to get used to, but I don't think that will take long. One thing I noticed, it seems to run faster!!!
    Yesterday 08:16 PM
    Glad the update came, I like it
    Yesterday 08:20 PM
49 12