Are There Any HAPPY Nougat Users?

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a few complaints, mostly battery life and random force closes on apps, the occasional freezing up. Although I'm starting to think it's a worn out refurbished phone. It even crashes antutu when I tried to run a battery test.

But, overall it's a great upgrade that was much needed. Clean, efficient, no gaudy colors. The usual apps that were good still are, calendar, mail. The bad are still bad, but a bit better like messages, notes, files. The Samsung launcher is still just as annoying, no home screen looping seriously, it's much faster and lighter. The themes are great especially with the addition of standalone icons that can't be used with Nova, however.
One addition I really like is the local places in the phone app. Start typing a local business and it will look it up. And the double tap to open previous window.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
"One addition I really like is the local places in the phone app. Start typing a local business and it will look it up. And the double tap to open previous window."

I'm not understanding what you are referring to re local places in phone app. If I open the dialer, and search for a store there, I don't get any results. it only searches Contacts. Please someone explain?

And double-tapping where/when?

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
"One addition I really like is the local places in the phone app. Start typing a local business and it will look it up. And the double tap to open previous window."

I'm not understanding what you are referring to re local places in phone app. If I open the dialer, and search for a store there, I don't get any results. it only searches Contacts. Please someone explain?

This is what happens for me, I had to allow location access. I also have TMobile.

Attachments

• 36890.jpg
    36890.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 56

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I enabled location and also "improved accuracy". searching for several items such as "gas" or "mcdonalds" = "no results found". I'm on Verizon.

TrajDroid

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Only issue I have is I can no longer check all my emails with stock app. There's no tab or button to go back and forth. I had to disable all but one because it always would switch on its on.

cmucodemonkey

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded my S7 to Nougat within hours of purchasing it and have no regrets so far. I'm not sure if it is the hardware or the OS, but the battery life is way better than I ever got on my S5.

Courtenay Dawn

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I just got the update yesterday and I have to say I wish I hadn't. I wish I could have stayed with marshmallow. My battery dies quicker now. My phone has been off the charger for about 5 hours. Minimal use and I'm at 64%. Not to mention the "fresh" white look reminds me of apple and I hate Apple phones.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Even my wife hates the update and she usually doesn't complain about updates. I agree the look of nougat is awful. Too sparse looking if that's the right word

wgs84

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm very happy with Nougat. Been using it on my T-mobile S7 for over a month. Battery drain is usually less than 1% while dozing, I can now stop my phone from automatically connecting to certain wifi networks without deleting them, I can turn the resolution down to 720p to save battery, I now have the option to launch an app "just once" instead of "always", etc.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised that people complain about it. The only kind of negative thing for me was that I had to re-train myself to do some things a different way with Nougat compared to Marshmallow, like using two fingers to pull down the notification shade.

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Overall I welcome the upgrade. It fixed the annoying permission issue (screen overlay detected) so I can use the app Swipe Home Button.

It now also lets me disable the split screen option in Settings. As for the look, it's personal preference, and I don't really care how it looks as long as I can still find what I need.

I did do a factory reset and rebuild everything from scratch, which I think everyone should do before they complain things are not optimal. People need to realize that this is Android and Samsung (not iOS and Apple), you shouldn't expect OTA update to be smooth and flawless. This is not to say Android is inferior, but recognizing the fact that Android exercises less control over 3rd party apps and thus it is more likely to run into problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1