Who's going naked?

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
The S7 looks great, I think we can all agree. But the back being made of (not Gorilla) glass makes it prone to scratches and shattering if dropped (more than the screen).

With that in mind, does anyone here dare to go naked? Or do you all have cases?

I for one have a hard plastic case that only covers the back, corners and makes a gap between the screen and the floor if dropped. The buttons, ports, speakers and top are not covered.

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
No cases or screen protectors of any kind here. Yes there are scratches on screen, and no, I don't see them at all when using the device.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the 7 edge in beautiful blue coral. It was naked for just a few hours until I was able to get to the store for a good case. Currently sporting a clear/cloudy dual layer case An Otterbox Commuter (black) case is delivering today.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
No cases or screen protectors of any kind here. Yes there are scratches on screen, and no, I don't see them at all when using the device.

That's good! I'm wayyyy too OCD for that. :p

I have the 7 edge in beautiful blue coral. It was naked for just a few hours until I was able to get to the store for a good case. Currently sporting a clear/cloudy dual layer case An Otterbox Commuter (black) case is delivering today.

I can't stand Otterbox. I get the point but it makes the whole thing too bulky to be. It's like using the phone in its original box :p

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I paid like 20 bucks I think.

I may switch to a clear spigen case on pay day.
But phone case seliction sucks in my area so I'm going to have to order online.

DZCALI Khan

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
I have a black spigen case on mine. Did have an official Sammy flip case which I got thrown in free when I got the phone but I didn't use it all the time and dropped my phone naked. There is now a crack across the lower screen and some damage to the top corners. Doesn't affect use but I will not go naked again lol

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
It's no big deal. I just needed to let it go at the beginning, and then I started really enjoying the freedom of not caring. My S7 is so much slimmer and lighter being naked.

I totally get and envy that.

Once I lended my previous phone to my wife who kept it on her lap and forgot about it. When she stood up, the phone fell on concrete making huge scratches. I really hated that.

It's ironic given its price but when my phone becomes older, I may go naked again but for now I'd rather keep it as it was coming out of the box.

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I totally get and envy that.

Once I lended my previous phone to my wife who kept it on her lap and forgot about it. When she stood up, the phone fell on concrete making huge scratches. I really hated that.

It's ironic given its price but when my phone becomes older, I may go naked again but for now I'd rather keep it as it was coming out of the box.

Right now I just the clear case as well as a 3rd party mall kiosk screen protector. (it's not glass but not sticky like a cheap plastic one. But it is matte and I really like the low glare. )
Mines taken a couple tumbles. I have a small dent near my volume controls. But that's about ITM I think I'm going up get a more protective spigen case. My coworker has one and it feels really nice in the hands.

But concidering I pretty much baby it and rarely just toss it around my set up is good and keeps the glass clean and scratch free

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I also have the Samsung Clear Case. It cost me about $15.00 after a $20.00 discount. I like it because it is very minimal.

I don't really like cases, but when I first got my phone I was afraid to take it out of the house.

After a couple of months I decided to go naked, it only lasted a couple of hours. I found that it was much easier to hold and use with the case on:)

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I also have the Samsung Clear Case. It cost me about $15.00 after a $20.00 discount. I like it because it is very minimal.

I don't really like cases, but when I first got my phone I was afraid to take it out of the house.

After a couple of months I decided to go naked, it only lasted a couple of hours. I found that it was much easier to hold and use with the case on:)

Same here! I got my phone, bought a case and used an old Windows Phone until the case arrived ha ha ha!

The phone is kind of slippery without a case. Mine is covered with a rubbery feel that makes for a solid grip.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, NO WAY would I let my phone go nekkid! It's in my hand and being used way too much to take chances. I've dropped it and catapulted it dozens of times in one year. A few weeks ago I left it on the hood of my car and drove off. A few miles down the road my car said "phone disconnected"...meaning that my phone was NOT in (or in this case, ON) the car :eek: Using our Life360 app, my husband located where the phone fell off the car. He was looking in the ditch. I was looking on the road and found it laying in the road. Not one bit of damage to it. Camera lens and screen were unscathed. Some minor scratches on the Spigen Hybrid case (very minimal case) and what looked like 4 or 5 tiny pin pricks on the InvisableShield screen cover. Didn't go thru to the screen and you can barely see them now. Wonder what the outcome would have been if it fell off my car, going 55mph, onto the road NEKKID!? But more power to you if you choose to not use a cover/case ;)

becool773

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
Get a GadgetShieldz screen protector and then maybe a clear case if you really want to keep it naked. The GS protector provides, well just about fine scratch resistant protection but it all depends upon usage.
Agree with @monicakm May the force be with the one keeping it naked.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't like cases as they add some bulk to the phone, however, after dropping my S7 and cracking the screen I now use a thin case which covers all side edges of the phone.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, NO WAY would I let my phone go nekkid! It's in my hand and being used way too much to take chances. I've dropped it and catapulted it dozens of times in one year. A few weeks ago I left it on the hood of my car and drove off. A few miles down the road my car said "phone disconnected"...meaning that my phone was NOT in (or in this case, ON) the car :eek: Using our Life360 app, my husband located where the phone fell off the car. He was looking in the ditch. I was looking on the road and found it laying in the road. Not one bit of damage to it. Camera lens and screen were unscathed. Some minor scratches on the Spigen Hybrid case (very minimal case) and what looked like 4 or 5 tiny pin pricks on the InvisableShield screen cover. Didn't go thru to the screen and you can barely see them now. Wonder what the outcome would have been if it fell off my car, going 55mph, onto the road NEKKID!? But more power to you if you choose to not use a cover/case ;)

Ha ha ha!!

Get a GadgetShieldz screen protector and then maybe a clear case if you really want to keep it naked. The GS protector provides, well just about fine scratch resistant protection but it all depends upon usage.
Agree with @monicakm May the force be with the one keeping it naked.

Oh I never use screen protectors myself. I can't bare the way there's ALWAYS ONE spark of dust somewhere that makes this huge bubble (except if you install it in a microbiology lab :p ). Anyways with how good Gorilla Glass is now I find those useless. My previous phone was Gorilla Glass 3 and I put it in my pocket and all went well so with Gorilla Glass 4 I'm completely confident!

I don't like cases as they add some bulk to the phone, however, after dropping my S7 and cracking the screen I now use a thin case which covers all side edges of the phone.

Same here. I hate them. But I love my phone. So it's kind of like putting on a condom: no one likes it but you kind of have to :p

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Whatever glass the S7 has, gorilla or not, it definitely scratches easily. My screen has many hairline scratches seen under reflection of light, with display off. But they don't show up at all when viewing content on the screen, with display on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2