Google Now cards not showing on lockscreen?

SuzukiGS750EZ

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm running a Samsung Galaxy S7 on Nougat 7.0, AT&T. It's a fresh install not an OTA update install. Since i've installed nougat the now cards for both traffic and weather won't show up on my lockscreen as a notification, but i can get them in the notification panel. The issue is, if i'm not checking the notification panel, i'm missing my alerts since i don't know they're there. I have enabled notifications and options in both the google app and the maps app exactly as i always have in other software updates or phones. What am I missing here?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Just to make sure. Have you gone into Settings > Lock screen and security > Notifications on lockscreen > Content on lockscreen and selected Show content?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have "hide content" as my notification. I thought with that setting it would just show up with the icon instead of the actual message?
Yes, it should be working as you described. I just wanted to make sure you had also checked there.

Even though it is a fresh install boot into recovery and wipe the cache partition if you have not already done so.

Since it is s fresh install and it sounds like you have set everything up the way it should be I am at a loss.

Sorry I could not help you. Maybe someone else can enlighten us:)

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
An option to use until this is figured out is to use The Always On Display to show that you have notifications awaiting.

SuzukiGS750EZ

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I have always on display setup as well, i did clear the cache and clear it weekly annnnnnnnnd i'm thinking maybe it's a software thing. I would hate to do another fresh install and end up with the same issue and have to reset my phone back up.