Verizon S7 updates notification today

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Two S7 here both came up with notification for updates and it doesn't appear as if it's just a security update. Anyone else get this and install it?

Both phones have already had the 7.0 update installed for more than a week

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I got it on T-Mobile yesterday and was just the March security update and general device optimization (which is their lingo for 'we won't tell you which bugs we fixed')

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. My notification screen didn't mention wifi improvements. Either Verizon didn't bother to include that info or the update (I doubt it) is a bit different. thanks for the link.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I got mine and my battery life is great now. Had it on since 7:30 and am at 50%.
Granted, I have barely used it but before the update I would have had to recharge it already, maybe twice.

1naturalace

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I got the update yesterday. It was weird because Verizon's update website made no mention of it, but I haven't noticed any differences in my phone since the update.

carolebv

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
The wi-fi "fix" is a disaster for anyone stuck with Verizon's third world level DSL service. It checks the "quality" of your internet service and if it doesn't like it, it says "connected, no internet" (only if you check...it's not a notification) and then everything is done thru the mobile data unless you remember to turn that off. Of course that is fine if you have unlimited data, and $$$ for Verizon if you don't. Maybe that's the plan....
All other wireless devices, iPad, etc. still work fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2