SVoiceProvider: What is it and why isn't it already installed?

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking around in the Samsung app store and I see SVoiceProvider. What is it? Why isn't it already installed given SVoice is installed?

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
what do you mean by it doesn't find contacts? does it not understand you? have you added the French language to svoice?

Yeah I did. It seems it's a problem many are facing since Nougat: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...s-voice-won-t-read-contacts-after-update.html

Whether it's in French or English, I get "I can't find Daniel. Who do you want to call instead?" (or its equivalent in French). I got it to work once. Then when I needed it, it said "I'm having trouble reading your contacts right now". So I just turned it off and used Google Voice. It's a shame really.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I did. It seems it's a problem many are facing since Nougat: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...s-voice-won-t-read-contacts-after-update.html

Whether it's in French or English, I get "I can't find Daniel. Who do you want to call instead?" (or its equivalent in French). I got it to work once. Then when I needed it, it said "I'm having trouble reading your contacts right now". So I just turned it off and used Google Voice. It's a shame really.
What I wanna know is, who is this Daniel??? Huh, huh!!!

I am sorry you are having problems. Unfortunately, I do not have any assistance for you on this one.

Seems like Samsung broke their own service.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
What I wanna know is, who is this Daniel??? Huh, huh!!!

I am sorry you are having problems. Unfortunately, I do not have any assistance for you on this one.

Seems like Samsung broke their own service.

I'm Daniel but I'm not trying to call myself, that was just an example! ;)

No problem I understand. Not even Samsung had an answer (they ended up telling me to see with my carrier lol).

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm Daniel but I'm not trying to call myself, that was just an example! ;)

No problem I understand. Not even Samsung had an answer (they ended up telling me to see with my carrier lol).
Why hello there Daniel! I was just trying to make a funny ya know😁

I like to have everything working myself, even if I don't use it, that's just me. So I understand your frustration.

It's kinda funny Samsung refers you to your carrier regarding there own product. Well, maybe not so funny.

Hopefully Bixby is a little bit, or a lot bit, better.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Why hello there Daniel! I was just trying to make a funny ya know??????

Of course! :D

I like to have everything working myself, even if I don't use it, that's just me. So I understand your frustration.

It's kinda funny Samsung refers you to your carrier regarding there own product. Well, maybe not so funny.

Hopefully Bixby is a little bit, or a lot bit, better.

That's exactly how I feel. If it's there I want to be able to use it. But S Voice doesn't have a very good reputation. Luckily Google Voice works like a charm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781