Will the Samsung Galaxy S8 experience be delivered to older Galaxy flagships?

joseph_malicdem

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
I like the launcher of the new Samsung Galaxy S8 and most of the new features such as the secure folder, new icons, camera zooming via shutter slider, infinity wallpaper and Bixby (which can be implemented as an S Voice replacement and/or Flipboard replacement). Does anyone think that Samsung can and has plans to deliver these experiences via a software update to the current flagships e.g. Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, Note 7 and the older S6 lineup?

If so, this would be great as iOS on iPhone and iPads pretty much offer a consistent user experiences that extends to even its older flagships except if hardware limitations really do get in the way. Examples are the limitation of 3D Touch only to 6S and 7 since they have pressure sensitive screens and the "raise to wake function" which requires a special accelerometer but works with SE, 6S and 7 and "Hey Siri" which works for every iOS 9 or 10 device as long as they are connected to power if not, with a special chip.

I really think though that it is possible as they are all software improvements and nothing much has been added to S8 except new design, improvements in hardware (USB Type C, iris scanner). Waterproofing transcends to also the S7 and A7 lineups and camera is similar to S7. Hardware using 10nm process allows for desktop-like experience and more efficient and powerful multitasking which is one of the only limitations that should be applied to current flagships. I really hope that software update can be used to create a more "iOS-like" support to older devices to deliver the new "Galaxy S8" experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon