camera issues

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Twice today I have taken a picture and went to share it and it was nowhere to be found. Anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Twice today I have taken a picture and went to share it and it was nowhere to be found. Anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this?
There's a bug in the software somewhere. I've seen this on both my wife's S7, and the S7 Edge that replaced it. She takes the picture and, poof, nowhere to be seen.

I haven't found any pattern, something to reproduce at will... Just buggy software. I need to pull a logcat next time it happens, maybe I'll see something in the logs that gives me some clue.

And it's a fatal one. I'm going to get rid of the edge shortly. She takes product pictures with her phone, and the missing pictures have become my problem since I'm the family tech support.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
There's a bug in the software somewhere. I've seen this on both my wife's S7, and the S7 Edge that replaced it. She takes the picture and, poof, nowhere to be seen.

I haven't found any pattern, something to reproduce at will... Just buggy software. I need to pull a logcat next time it happens, maybe I'll see something in the logs that gives me some clue.

And it's a fatal one. I'm going to get rid of the edge shortly. She takes product pictures with her phone, and the missing pictures have become my problem since I'm the family tech support.

I guess I can be glad it's not just my phone messing up then. Thanks!

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm saying it might store them more reliably then saving them to internal storage. Also if your not understanding me correctly I'm taking about the external SD slot where your Sim card go's.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's not an SD issue... She never had one in the S7, and it lost more pics than the edge that DOES have one.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm saying it might store them more reliably then saving them to internal storage. Also if your not understanding me correctly I'm taking about the external SD slot where your Sim card go's.

I do save to a memory card. But when I took the pictures they never showed up anywhere in my phone. Not the memory card or phone storage.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

Are your phones on nougat? I know I didn't have this issues before I updated

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had this issue recently, but it only happened to me when I used the quick launch (double click the home button) to take the picture. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've had the issue since I did a factory reset after upgrading to Nougat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20