Google Now Cards displays Team News cards, cannot remove

Rick Jacobs

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Google Now cards started displaying four sets of Team News cards just below More stories. They are all sports related, swipe right does not remove them, a long press does nothing there are no three little dots menu like other Google Now cards. I don't see anything in settings, any idea how to delete them?

geolemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Sports celebrity worship disgusts me. It's bad enough that the local news takes time away from legitimate news to cover sports, legitimizing it. It's bad enough that people around me at work often spend more time talking about it than working. I'm thankful that Google lets me escape it, but I'd prefer that they don't "opt in" people by default.

If you click the hamburger menu at the VERY top of the Google Now page, and go to "Settings" and then "Your feed", there's a toggle switch for "sports" (says "scores and game times"), among many other things you may also want to switch off.
By default they are all on.

I made mine disappear by flipping that toggle off - seemed to be the right setting.

Rick Jacobs

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I toggled Sports off and I'm still getting Team news. Currently, it's just one card with 2 stories but I've received as many of 5 cards 10 stories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699