s7 notifications cutting off (sound and vibrations are abruptly cut off/stopped)

shadow_master

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone!

My s7 notifications (sound and vibration) are cutting off!

For example, a notification (Whatever the application, like whatsapp, twitter, telegram, etc) that should last for one or two seconds ends up being stopped after a fraction of a second

The problem is completely random! Sometimes all notifications in a row have problems, sometimes the issue dissapears for hours.

I tried everything (including hard reset, wipe cache, disable google now and svoice, disable google play music, turning off easy mute, disable no disturb funcion etc) but no success.

Even in safe mode this problem occurs.

I don't think that is a hardware issue, because is not only the sound that cuts, but also the vibration! And the sound also cuts off when the phone is connected to a bluetooth headset! So I suppose it's some software problem. The problem occurred with android marshmallow and continued with android nougat

Any tips to solve this issue?

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Are you using one of the built-in notification sounds or are you choosing a custom/personal ringtone that you added to your phone?

The reason I ask is that back when I had my LG, I had this problem with a specific ringtone I was using. It was sporadic as well - sometimes it was fine, but often it cut off. Once I went back to a default ringtone choice, I had no problems at all. I ended up having to replace my custom ringtone with something else.

shadow_master

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
Are you using one of the built-in notification sounds or are you choosing a custom/personal ringtone that you added to your phone?

The reason I ask is that back when I had my LG, I had this problem with a specific ringtone I was using. It was sporadic as well - sometimes it was fine, but often it cut off. Once I went back to a default ringtone choice, I had no problems at all. I ended up having to replace my custom ringtone with something else.

I'm using the default notification sounds.
I tried several ringtone options, but the problem persists.
And, as I said, notifications are cut off even when "vibration only" mode is selected :(

nee_m_d

May 1, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. It started immediately after I updated my Samsung S7 to Nougat. :( I haven't found a solution to this and based on posts I've read, it seems to be a bug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty