Samsung Galaxy S7 & Nougat Notifications Problems

DavidCid

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I was searching for some help with a problem i have with my S7 and Android Nougat. I update it and then when i switch off the phone and switch appears a time&hour message telling that is not possible to update time from the network automatically. But the big problem was that if don't touch the mobile from a few minutes the notifications didn't arrive until I open the apps.

I tried in settings to activate all notifications for all this apps and I change Battery settings for battery optimization and try to put this apps into not monitored. Doesn't work... And I have a new phone without notifications i which I have to open one by one the apps to see the messages and emails... Please, could anybody help me? (sorry for my English)

Thanks a lot

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What happens if you turn off any power-saving modes? Also, in Settings>Data Usage, is Restrict Background Data turned on?

For the time issue, go to Settings>Date & Time​. Is it set to Automatic Date & Time and Automatic Time Zone?

DavidCid

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Hi Diddy, first of all thanks for your interest. I have Data Usage on background working and automatic Date&Time Update I think is something related to Doze, but don't know how to solve because I had move this apps (Gmail, whatsapp) to the whitelist and still not working when Doze mode comes on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you having any problems with phone calls or text messages? Automatic network time comes from the cell network, so if you're having problems with that network, this kind of thing might happen. Ask your carrier what they think. It might be worth trying a new SIM card.

Also, see if this problem still happens in Safe Mode: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28008

DavidCid

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Are you having any problems with phone calls or text messages? Automatic network time comes from the cell network, so if you're having problems with that network, this kind of thing might happen. Ask your carrier what they think. It might be worth trying a new SIM card.

Also, see if this problem still happens in Safe Mode: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28008

I check with my network provider the SIM and Networks, all are OK. I tried safe mode before writing here too and the same problem persist...

Thanks Diddy, ¿Any other suggestion?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You mentioned that this happens when you switch off the phone. Do you mean that you only get this error message when you put the phone to sleep (and also don't get any notifications while the phone is asleep)?

Is there a separate Power-Saving option that's separate from Battery Optimization? I believe Battery Optimization is a stock Android feature, while Power-Saving is something Samsung adds on.

DavidCid

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
You mentioned that this happens when you switch off the phone. Do you mean that you only get this error message when you put the phone to sleep (and also don't get any notifications while the phone is asleep)?

Is there a separate Power-Saving option that's separate from Battery Optimization? I believe Battery Optimization is a stock Android feature, while Power-Saving is something Samsung adds on.

That's right, When I leave the phone some minutes with out touching the screen i don't get any notification. I didn't see any other optimization option in the settings or any program (Android or Samsung).

DavidCid

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Hmm, I'm not sure why this happening. I don't recall seeing a lot of other mentions of this issue on the forums -- if more people don't chime in about it, then the next step may be to reinstall the firmware using Smart Switch: http://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29914

Yes, that's what I did yesterday, from technical support with ODIN a clean Installation. It solves the problem but a new one becomes, Whatsapp arrives but doesn't sound with personal notifications (it sounds with samsung originals). I put the notification file into notifications folder in the internal memory but it seems not to work in this way.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad the firmware reinstallation helped! Now go to the App Manager, select WhatsApp, then Permissions, and make sure it has permission to access your Storage or Files.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca