The back of my phone is coming off

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello Everyone!!!! I just discovered that the back of my Samsung Galaxy S7 is coming off. Has this happened to anyone else? What do I do? I'm freaking out.

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Is your phone still under warranty? If so then have it repaired or replaced by Samsung. If not, I would still suggest having Samsung repair it so it's done properly.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The back glass is held on with a heat activated adhesive, so the adhesive on your phone is probably losing hold. When I had my broken screen replaced at a local repair store, they used a special heating pad to soften the adhesive to pull off the back. You might try asking your local shop to reglue the back glass or if you're daring you could try doing so with a hair dryer.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The back glass is held on with a heat activated adhesive, so the adhesive on your phone is probably losing hold. When I had my broken screen replaced at a local repair store, they used a special heating pad to soften the adhesive to pull off the back. You might try asking your local shop to reglue the back glass or if you're daring you could try doing so with a hair dryer.

My s7 edge came back from Samsung like that after having the screen replaced. I sent it back and they refused to replace or repair it saying it was perfectly normal and that it would still function normally. I wasn't dunking it in water to find out so sold it on instead

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site

I have no idea. I just discovered it last night and now I'm freaking out because I haven't had this phone long.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
If you are covered by warranty, make Samsung repair it. It's not normal and they should not hesitate to repair it for you. It's what I would do.

There is a kiosk at my local mall that does phone repairs. I'm going to go there first and see if they can fix it. If not I'll just go AT&T and see what they say.

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
There is a kiosk at my local mall that does phone repairs. I'm going to go there first and see if they can fix it. If not I'll just go AT&T and see what they say.

Okay. But if you do go back to AT&T, be firm with them without being demanding. Let them know that this is not normal and needs to be repaired or replaced.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Okay. But if you do go back to AT&T, be firm with them without being demanding. Let them know that this is not normal and needs to be repaired or replaced.

Of course it's not normal. I've never had a phone do that. When I go to AT&T I'll let them know that this is not normal and that it needs to be repaired or replaced. The good news is that my phone is still under warranty.

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Of course it's not normal. I've never had a phone do that. When I go to AT&T I'll let them know that this is not normal and that it needs to be repaired or replaced. The good news is that my phone is still under warranty.

That's fantastic. At least you can have this fixed without it costing you anything. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Thanks.

Ereinion#AC

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Happened to mine, went to Rogers, my carrier, and was fix under warranty. They replaced the motherboard. I felt like something was pushing the back off.

Ereinion#AC

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Happened to mine, went to Rogers, my carrier, and was fix under warranty. They replaced the motherboard. I felt like something was pushing the back off.

CHRISALLEN3285

May 24, 2016
Visit site
That's fantastic. At least you can have this fixed without it costing you anything. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Thanks.

Good news everyone!!!! I went to AT&T today and when I walked in I told them I have a problem with my phone and when I showed them they were surprised and shocked. They said they've never seen that happen before. The good news is that my phone is under warranty and they're sending me a new one.

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Good news everyone!!!! I went to AT&T today and when I walked in I told them I have a problem with my phone and when I showed them they were surprised and shocked. They said they've never seen that happen before. The good news is that my phone is under warranty and they're sending me a new one.

Awesome! I'm glad it worked out for you.

Tutew14

Nov 8, 2017
Visit site
Hello, i just noticed the same thing on my s7. The back glass is coming off on the left low side. How did you guys fixed it? Is it just the glue losing strenght or is it battery sweling? Thanks