Samsung Apps Icons

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently using Nova Launcher Prime and have applied the Marshmallow icons for my apps, but for some reason the Samsung apps icons' won't change. I have tried going to the themes and icons store and applied a different icons pack, but still the same result. Is Samsung preventing their apps from having different icons? Any help would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried manually editing the icon to change it? Long-press the icon on your homescreen, then Edit, then tap the icon. Now select the icon pack and tap the expand icon at the upper right. Then search for the icon you want.

TickM

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
Been doing that for ages, however some icon pack developers should invent a different method to apply "some" of their icons on a specific app in a different way. It can take an hour just to change one single icon since the scrolling space in the presented iconlist is too small, so that one only can see some 15 icons a time b4 scrolling more. And indeed some packs have a few thousand icons.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
@TickM, I usually just enter a search term for the app (unless that app doesn't have an icon in the pack, in which case I'll just use the original icon or whatever mask the icon pack applies).

TickM

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
I'm kind of strict when it comes to the look of my icons. There are app's in the Playstore than can extract the default icons from all app's and with the help of an icon editor you can adapt their size so that they all look a bit the same, sizewise that is.
I hate it when one default icon of an app is smaller or bigger than the default icon of another app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech