Tempered Glass Screen Protectors

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Wish I would've read all of your reviews. As soon as I got the phone I went to Verizon to get a glass screen protector. Damn thing sucked! Case made the protector pop up and the adhesive was horrible. Maybe just a bad brand. Regardless, I got my money back, went to Best Buy and got a Zagg HD(30$). Love the look and case friendly...

Glad the Zagg worked. Love them. What brand was bad from Verizon?

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I picked up a Zagg Invisisheild curved glass case friendly screen protector today at Tmobile. BTW they completely freaked out that I had a s8 in hand already. Anyway, I'm not totally impressed with it yet. I'm giving it to the weekend to see if it settles a bit and for me to try to get use to it. Really my only complaint so far is the touch sensitivity when trying to pull down the top tool bar and the top edge being noticeable (the speaker cutout part) . My case fits just fine and so far doesn't push up the protector. My case is Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear case.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I picked up a Zagg Invisisheild curved glass case friendly screen protector today at Tmobile. BTW they completely freaked out that I had a s8 in hand already. Anyway, I'm not totally impressed with it yet. I'm giving it to the weekend to see if it settles a bit and for me to try to get use to it. Really my only complaint so far is the touch sensitivity when trying to pull down the top tool bar and the top edge being noticeable (the speaker cutout part) . My case fits just fine and so far doesn't push up the protector. My case is Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear case.

I got one of those cases to. Think it'll be my first one I try. I use a clear case currently as my go to on my S6. I'm glad to hear it's working.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I ordered this screen protector for my galaxy s8+,can anyone tell me the pros and cons of this screen protector from Amazon by GPEL?

I ordered this one a couple weeks ago and I've had it waiting for my S8+. Got my phone today and was hoping to get it installed so I could post my thoughts on it. Opened the box and it was shattered. Now will have to wait for a replacement.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Tech Armor one since they gave a deal prior to the phone launch. As expected, it's complete garbage. Save your money if considering this one.

angels728

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I got the ZAGG InvisibleShield Glass Curve for Galaxy S8 at the verizon store and i hate it...i paid 50 bucks for it left the box and everything else there, do you think i can return it? Is anyone else having trouble accessing the notification bar with this on? :mad:

Edit: I returned it back to Verizon. Initially they refused to give me a refund , and offered an exchange. They tried the verizon version of the glass case.....this was even worse...could not use the phone at all with touch..finally they agreed to give me a refund.

Last edited:

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Same case. Same protector I was thinking of getting. Maybe I'll wait a week see what you think before I pick it up or not.

Ageeb

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I got the ZAGG InvisibleShield Glass Curve for Galaxy S8 at the verizon store and i hate it...i paid 50 bucks for it left the box and everything else there, do you think i can return it? Is anyone else having trouble accessing the notification bar with this on? :mad:

I got the s8+ version and it works just fine. Zero sensitivity issues.

What I don't like about it is the adhesive around the perimeter. It's really not that camouflaged, even though it's clear, and takes away from the edge appearance of the phone.

For me, function is A+.
Aesthetics, maybe C+.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I got the s8+ version and it works just fine. Zero sensitivity issues.

What I don't like about it is the adhesive around the perimeter. It's really not that camouflaged, even though it's clear, and takes away from the edge appearance of the phone.

For me, function is A+.
Aesthetics, maybe C+.
You got a pic?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I got the zagg too and I hate it. The only part that's adhesive is the ring around the entire protector. (Which creates a line around the screen) There's an air gap over the actual screen which is noticeable and diminishes the screen quality. I'm looking for an alternative because this won't work long term.

Ageeb

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm by no means a photographer or awake, but here you go ;)

If you need a video of functionality, let me know and I can get something on one drive or Google drive.

Edit: for whatever it's worth, those pictures were taken near a window so there's so interesting reflections going on. No air bubbles. I'll try to get a better one later when I have more diffused lighting around the house after sun up.

Attachments

• Resized_20170421_072341.jpg
    Resized_20170421_072341.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Resized_20170421_072356.jpg
    Resized_20170421_072356.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Resized_20170421_072434.jpg
    Resized_20170421_072434.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Resized_20170421_072516.jpg
    Resized_20170421_072516.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

JLD94

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I stopped in at Best Buy lastnight and was asking about the glass and he showed me what they had, however cautioned against the Zagg he said "just to let you know we have already had a few complaints on this one about the way the adhesive is and causing touch problems. If I was going to get one I'd go for this one (pointed to the film), or get a glass off Amazon, it's going to be a LOT cheaper"

mark hong1

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm the zagg has touch problems with the g8. You really have to press hard in order for the g8 to function. Extremely frustrating to use.

blueyce28

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Just to share my experience. I ordered the ultra screen protector $45 from verizon with my phone. Though easy to install and was case friendly with my Spigen Ultra Hybrid, it did not work well. Had an air gap between the protector and the phone and it reduced screen sensitivity tremendously. Thought maybe I installed it wrong so I took it off and tried it again, still no go. I will be returning it.

Next I tried the Supershieldz $11 from ebay since I heard great things about it. It has the black trim around the edge but it does not interfere with the screen. It adhered very well and was working great. I was really exciting to find a tempered screen protector that actually works and had no air gap, until I put my case on... Not case friendly with my Spigen Ultra Hybrid. I even tried to tuck the protector under the TPU side but it still didn't work. The pressure of the case causes the protector to bow up thus creating a big air gap between the screen and the protector.

I ended up ordering a Skinomi SkinTech 2-pack on amazon prime for $9 since everyone else with a curved screen went that route of a film or skin of some kind. Oh well, I tried and I really wish it had worked out.

I'd like to take a moment to back up on my comment. While I was installing my new Skinomi protector on my phone, my daughter got hold of my second one intended for my wife, peeled it and stuck it on her shirt and got lint stuck all into it to where I can't clean it off. She needed a protector asap so I decided to try the Supershieldz on her phone temporarily. To my surprise, the Supershieldz tempered glass fits well with her case. There wasn't anything wrong with the screen protector originally, it just did not fit with my Spigen Ultra Hybrid. Link is a youtube video of my demonstrating the tempered glass on my wife's phone. This screen protector will be a hit or miss depending on your case. Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/rHo-dQeizB8

Attachments

• 20170421_171944.jpg
    20170421_171944.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 79
  • 20170421_172004.jpg
    20170421_172004.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 20170421_172033.jpg
    20170421_172033.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 20170421_173004.jpg
    20170421_173004.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 20170421_172149.jpg
    20170421_172149.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 76

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
My S7e didn't have a screen protector. I might be doing the same for my S8+too.

But I was hoping after the S6 edge someone would have something that would definitely work. So far it's still hit and miss, even those with similar cases.

Bittersweet_Life

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi all, new member here, who like many of you has been scouring the internet looking for tempered glass options.

So the general consensus seems to be that tempered glass is mostly awful for curved displays because of the lack of full screen adhesive.

I saw a Reddit thread where a user posted an email exchange w. a Rhinoshield rep who said their soon-to-be-released tempered glass screen protectors will have full adhesive. Who knows.

Zagg also has full adhesive for the S8/S8+ for their Sapphire Defense line. Reading some comments here and watching some videos, the "hybrid glass" appears to be more of a thick plastic than glass.

Would prefer glass, but if this is similar but has the benefit of the full adhesive surface, it looks interesting. Anyone have experience with their Sapphire Defense line?