I got the ZAGG InvisibleShield Glass Curve for Galaxy S8 at the verizon store and i hate it...i paid 50 bucks for it left the box and everything else there, do you think i can return it? Is anyone else having trouble accessing the notification bar with this on?
    I got the s8+ version and it works just fine. Zero sensitivity issues.

What I don't like about it is the adhesive around the perimeter. It's really not that camouflaged, even though it's clear, and takes away from the edge appearance of the phone.

For me, function is A+.
    Aesthetics, maybe C+.
    04-20-2017 07:37 PM
    I got the s8+ version and it works just fine. Zero sensitivity issues.

What I don't like about it is the adhesive around the perimeter. It's really not that camouflaged, even though it's clear, and takes away from the edge appearance of the phone.

For me, function is A+.
    Aesthetics, maybe C+.
    You got a pic?
    04-20-2017 09:15 PM
    I got the zagg too and I hate it. The only part that's adhesive is the ring around the entire protector. (Which creates a line around the screen) There's an air gap over the actual screen which is noticeable and diminishes the screen quality. I'm looking for an alternative because this won't work long term.
    04-20-2017 09:37 PM
    You got a pic?
    I'll get one in the am off wife's phone...
    echo_808 likes this.
    04-20-2017 10:05 PM
    I'm by no means a photographer or awake, but here you go

If you need a video of functionality, let me know and I can get something on one drive or Google drive.

Edit: for whatever it's worth, those pictures were taken near a window so there's so interesting reflections going on. No air bubbles. I'll try to get a better one later when I have more diffused lighting around the house after sun up.
    Attached Thumbnails Tempered Glass Screen Protectors-resized_20170421_072341.jpg   Tempered Glass Screen Protectors-resized_20170421_072356.jpg   Tempered Glass Screen Protectors-resized_20170421_072434.jpg   Tempered Glass Screen Protectors-resized_20170421_072516.jpg  
    echo_808 and teristark like this.
    04-21-2017 07:36 AM
    I stopped in at Best Buy lastnight and was asking about the glass and he showed me what they had, however cautioned against the Zagg he said "just to let you know we have already had a few complaints on this one about the way the adhesive is and causing touch problems. If I was going to get one I'd go for this one (pointed to the film), or get a glass off Amazon, it's going to be a LOT cheaper"
    04-21-2017 08:31 AM
    I can confirm the zagg has touch problems with the g8. You really have to press hard in order for the g8 to function. Extremely frustrating to use.
    04-21-2017 02:17 PM
    Well dang. Yeah the ends don't that great.
    04-21-2017 05:00 PM
    Just to share my experience. I ordered the ultra screen protector $45 from verizon with my phone. Though easy to install and was case friendly with my Spigen Ultra Hybrid, it did not work well. Had an air gap between the protector and the phone and it reduced screen sensitivity tremendously. Thought maybe I installed it wrong so I took it off and tried it again, still no go. I will be returning it.

Next I tried the Supershieldz $11 from ebay since I heard great things about it. It has the black trim around the edge but it does not interfere with the screen. It adhered very well and was working great. I was really exciting to find a tempered screen protector that actually works and had no air gap, until I put my case on... Not case friendly with my Spigen Ultra Hybrid. I even tried to tuck the protector under the TPU side but it still didn't work. The pressure of the case causes the protector to bow up thus creating a big air gap between the screen and the protector.

I ended up ordering a Skinomi SkinTech 2-pack on amazon prime for $9 since everyone else with a curved screen went that route of a film or skin of some kind. Oh well, I tried and I really wish it had worked out.
    I'd like to take a moment to back up on my comment. While I was installing my new Skinomi protector on my phone, my daughter got hold of my second one intended for my wife, peeled it and stuck it on her shirt and got lint stuck all into it to where I can't clean it off. She needed a protector asap so I decided to try the Supershieldz on her phone temporarily. To my surprise, the Supershieldz tempered glass fits well with her case. There wasn't anything wrong with the screen protector originally, it just did not fit with my Spigen Ultra Hybrid. Link is a youtube video of my demonstrating the tempered glass on my wife's phone. This screen protector will be a hit or miss depending on your case. Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails Tempered Glass Screen Protectors-20170421_171944.jpg   Tempered Glass Screen Protectors-20170421_172004.jpg   Tempered Glass Screen Protectors-20170421_172033.jpg   Tempered Glass Screen Protectors-20170421_173004.jpg   Tempered Glass Screen Protectors-20170421_172149.jpg  

echo_808 and felloffthetruck like this.
    04-21-2017 06:17 PM
    I can confirm the zagg has touch problems with the g8. You really have to press hard in order for the g8 to function. Extremely frustrating to use.
    Returning my 2nd amazon glass screen protector so far. Might just go naked this time around its not worth the hassle
    04-21-2017 06:29 PM
    My S7e didn't have a screen protector. I might be doing the same for my S8+too.

But I was hoping after the S6 edge someone would have something that would definitely work. So far it's still hit and miss, even those with similar cases.
    04-21-2017 06:54 PM
    So far no luck with an otterbox and screen protectors..wet install or dry all of them are junk.
    Yesterday 09:39 AM
    Hi all, new member here, who like many of you has been scouring the internet looking for tempered glass options.

So the general consensus seems to be that tempered glass is mostly awful for curved displays because of the lack of full screen adhesive.

I saw a Reddit thread where a user posted an email exchange w. a Rhinoshield rep who said their soon-to-be-released tempered glass screen protectors will have full adhesive. Who knows.

Zagg also has full adhesive for the S8/S8+ for their Sapphire Defense line. Reading some comments here and watching some videos, the "hybrid glass" appears to be more of a thick plastic than glass.

Would prefer glass, but if this is similar but has the benefit of the full adhesive surface, it looks interesting. Anyone have experience with their Sapphire Defense line?

Yesterday 11:15 AM
    I picked up a Zagg Invisisheild curved glass case friendly screen protector today at Tmobile. BTW they completely freaked out that I had a s8 in hand already. Anyway, I'm not totally impressed with it yet. I'm giving it to the weekend to see if it settles a bit and for me to try to get use to it. Really my only complaint so far is the touch sensitivity when trying to pull down the top tool bar and the top edge being noticeable (the speaker cutout part) . My case fits just fine and so far doesn't push up the protector. My case is Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear case.
    Ok the verdict is in.. I hated the Zagg glass case friendly screen protector! It had dead areas on the screen. Meaning some places on the screen were responsive to taps or swipes and other places I had to push kinda hard to get response. It also had a thick edge along the top where the cut out was that caused issues with pulling down the notification shade. I did like the feel of the glass and it great with my case but the functionality and top cut out sucked. I took it back and now have a Pure gear film protector on for now.
    Yesterday 02:53 PM
    Hi all, new member here, who like many of you has been scouring the internet looking for tempered glass options.

So the general consensus seems to be that tempered glass is mostly awful for curved displays because of the lack of full screen adhesive.

I saw a Reddit thread where a user posted an email exchange w. a Rhinoshield rep who said their soon-to-be-released tempered glass screen protectors will have full adhesive. Who knows.

Zagg also has full adhesive for the S8/S8+ for their Sapphire Defense line. Reading some comments here and watching some videos, the "hybrid glass" appears to be more of a thick plastic than glass.

Would prefer glass, but if this is similar but has the benefit of the full adhesive surface, it looks interesting. Anyone have experience with their Sapphire Defense line?

Yes, Had it for the iPhone 7 plus and was not thrill at all with it. Scratched very easy and was a fingerprint magnet. With that being said I am going to order one for the S8+ when available. I can't stand the glass protectors that only stick on the edges.
    Yesterday 07:02 PM
    I'd like to take a moment to back up on my comment. While I was installing my new Skinomi protector on my phone, my daughter got hold of my second one intended for my wife, peeled it and stuck it on her shirt and got lint stuck all into it to where I can't clean it off. She needed a protector asap so I decided to try the Supershieldz on her phone temporarily. To my surprise, the Supershieldz tempered glass fits well with her case. There wasn't anything wrong with the screen protector originally, it just did not fit with my Spigen Ultra Hybrid. Link is a youtube video of my demonstrating the tempered glass on my wife's phone. This screen protector will be a hit or miss depending on your case. Hope this helps.

Looks nice, does it only stick on the edges?
    Yesterday 07:03 PM
    Looks nice, does it only stick on the edges?
    Yes only on the edges
    Yesterday 09:21 PM
    YouTube Tech Guy Review on Alpha Glass screen protector.

Yesterday 10:35 PM
    Found another glass screen protector from Rhino Shield.

Yesterday 11:01 PM
    The tempered protector from Verizon is probably one of the nicest you can get. I got it for about 30$. It does creak at times and it's not the best for pressing the home button but it's pretty good overall.

On another note if I didn't have a tempered I'd use my wife's Spigen wet apply. They seem to be the best performing I've found. I ordered from 3 brands too
    Today 12:06 AM
    Yes, Had it for the iPhone 7 plus and was not thrill at all with it. Scratched very easy and was a fingerprint magnet. With that being said I am going to order one for the S8+ when available. I can't stand the glass protectors that only stick on the edges.
    Thank you for the input!

I'll probably end up ordering one as well, if the Rhinoshield one ends up with adhesive only on the perimeter, which is what I suspect.

Also looking into getting a Lifeproof FRE case (whenever they release it) for my girlfriend's S8, as she for some reason prefers cases with built-in screen protectors and this one appears to be the only one offering it for the S8 (she previously had the Otterbox Defender for past phones).
    Today 01:49 AM
71 123