Tempered Glass Screen Protectors

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Too late. I took it off that morning. I would try it again except for the $45 price tag...

After reading some more on the Whitestone Dome, I think I should have waited 24 hours before putting the case on. I'd like to give it another try, but $45? That would be $90 into it...

Targatheory

Banned
May 13, 2011
Visit site
Ordered my S8+ and Whitestone Dome Glass last night. The phone should be here Monday but the glass and case will be a few days after. I'm gonna HATE not opening the device but I won't until I have the protection ready.

I'll update with a review once that's done.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
All the money people are spending on screen protectors, could just be saved and pay for a new screen if it breaks.

That's why I've given up the search.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Ordered my S8+ and Whitestone Dome Glass last night. The phone should be here Monday but the glass and case will be a few days after. I'm gonna HATE not opening the device but I won't until I have the protection ready.

I'll update with a review once that's done.
What case? The Whitestone doesn't work with all cases.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
After reading some more on the Whitestone Dome, I think I should have waited 24 hours before putting the case on. I'd like to give it another try, but $45? That would be $90 into it...

If you purchased through Amazon you can always return it as defective.

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I just watched a YouTube video on the Whitestone protector today. Although they state that only a few cases work, this end user was able to use an OtterBox Symmetry with no issues. It appeared to have a slight clearance on all sides.

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Installed a Gpel case friendly today. Not too bad for the money. Since it's so narrow on sides I feel like this one is more likely to stay adhered over the last two I tried that failed. Not perfect by any accord but 1000X better than Zagg wet I had installed. Can't stand how gummy the Zagg wets are 🤔😕

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Installed a Gpel case friendly today. Not too bad for the money. Since it's so narrow on sides I feel like this one is more likely to stay adhered over the last two I tried that failed. Not perfect by any accord but 1000X better than Zagg wet I had installed. Can't stand how gummy the Zagg wets are 🤔😕
Mine fell off a few days after install and I hardly noticed it wasn't on it.

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine fell off a few days after install and I hardly noticed it wasn't on it.
So far mine feels good/fine. Doesn't feel nearly as likely to fall off as last two I had that didn't hang around. I feel this Gpel is more likely to stay as has plenty of clearance for edges and I suspect since edges not nearly as far down it isn't "prying up on itself" as it appeared others I had did because they had that airgap...

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm officially going to be waiting for a while to see if someone makes a truly worthwhile glass. Everyone I have tried has terrible screen sensitivity.

nalbagli

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
After trying at least 5 different S8+ Screen Protectors I decided to give the Whitestone Dome Glass screen protector a try, and I have to say I am impressed it is by far the best one I've tried yet
Pros:
- Installation process although it may take a little longer than normal screen protectors it is really difficult to mess it up, I have absolutely no issues with bubbles or anything under the protector.
- Glass quality is great it feels exactly as using the phone screen and it has a pretty good protection for fingerprints
- Touch sensitivity is amazing I've had no issues at all, it's much better than any other I've tried
- After a week of usage it's perfectly stuck to the phone, there seems to be no risk of it popping out

Cons/Doubts:

- It's expensive, but for me at least it's been worth it as all cheap alternatives I tried were awful
- I have not tried this with a case as I use ir only with a Skin, so I don't know how it will work with cases
- My only real problem is I installed the protection following the instructions and it is supposed to align the screen protector by itself, strange thing is although it seems perfectly aligned on the bottom on the top it is literally 1mm down to what it should be this means the top of the screen (it's really small just a small line above the battery indicator so you get the idea) is just on the edge of the protector which generates a strange effect on the screen. Even though I am a perfectionist I decided to stick with it as it is by far the best I used and the line is so small I barely notice it while normal usage. Maybe this was my fault on the installing process because as I said if it was a millimeter higher it would be perfect but the installation was supposed to align it by itself so I don't know.

I hope this is useful, but I totally reccomend this product if you can afford it.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I got the gpel case friendly tempered glass screen protector and now I got a rainbow effect in the middle of it. How did this happen with no moisture or dirt prior to installation?

hashfork

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
Bought my SecondSkin Edge from here. It fits with my Olixar case and has't made the screen less 'crisp' unlike some I've had in the past so I'm content. Would buy again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007