So many accessories...

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
... out there and no means to get them. Cases, wireless chargers, watches, wireless cameras and the list goes on. What are some of your favorite accessories? Anything you thought was odd and turned out better than you expected?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
... out there and no means to get them. Cases, wireless chargers, watches, wireless cameras and the list goes on. What are some of your favorite accessories? Anything you thought was odd and turned out better than you expected?
No means to get them?

I have the S3 Frontier, a Caseology clear case, Unicorn Beetle black case, Samsung Fast Charge portable power bank (got last yr) and so far that's the extent of my accessories. The Caseology clear case with black reinforced bumper is my favorite case.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
No means to get them?

I have the S3 Frontier, a Caseology clear case, Unicorn Beetle black case, Samsung Fast Charge portable power bank (got last yr) and so far that's the extent of my accessories. The Caseology clear case with black reinforced bumper is my favorite case.

Yeah, we'll just say i have not a good job and I spent my load on my replacement phone, the SG8+. Instead of getting some free or very cheap phone, I finally decided on the newest of the Samsung phones. This leaves no funds for any other fun things. A little upset I was hoping for a renamed Note but I am more than happy with the phone so far and glad I got it.

I saw a couple of cases and am deciding which of the cheapest to get. Sucks because one of them really have the colour I would like. It would be nice to get a Gear S3, always wanted a watch and now there is high tech watches out and the inner gentleman/nerd is all giddy with excitement.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, we'll just say i have not a good job and I spent my load on my replacement phone, the SG8+. Instead of getting some free or very cheap phone, I finally decided on the newest of the Samsung phones. This leaves no funds for any other fun things. A little upset I was hoping for a renamed Note but I am more than happy with the phone so far and glad I got it.

I saw a couple of cases and am deciding which of the cheapest to get. Sucks because one of them really have the colour I would like. It would be nice to get a Gear S3, always wanted a watch and now there is high tech watches out and the inner gentleman/nerd is all giddy with excitement.
Amazon has some good case pricing. And if you got the Gear VR promo you can always sell it-i have mine for sale as I don't intend to use it and would like to recoup some of my cost in getting the s8plus. Also ebay has some cases too if you go that route. Five below is a store that should carry cases soon. They're not super fancy but they're definitely affordable. $5

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I thought over in Asia they're selling the Note 7 again with slightly smaller batteries I heard. Too bad they don't release them here in North America because I'd would have picked up a refurb Note 7 over the S8 Plus!!! that is probably why they didn't because they didn't want to cut into the S8 sales.

This is why I wanted to possibly open up a small retail shop in a mall, stripmall or kiosk type stand and sell quality cases such as Spigen, Supcase, I Blason for fraction of the cost. I see a lot of people carrying around Supcases Spigen these days. With Amazon people are not always buying the expensive otterboxes now.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I have been looking at Amazon for cases, only place I can really get one at the moment. It's not easy to open any kind of store especially if you want to compete with the internet. Rent alone can kill you unless you sell at a flea market. I never liked otterbox cases, they are waaaay too thick and cumbersome.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Amazon has some good case pricing. And if you got the Gear VR promo you can always sell it-i have mine for sale as I don't intend to use it and would like to recoup some of my cost in getting the s8plus. Also ebay has some cases too if you go that route. Five below is a store that should carry cases soon. They're not super fancy but they're definitely affordable. $5

I do not qualify for any of the accessory giveaways so that is right out. I know of Five Below, I will try them.

Targatheory

Banned
May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey there's an "Entertainment Kit" I read about exclusive to S8/+ owners who bought their phones after the pre-order period. If you fall into that category look it up I don't have details. But I know you get the Samsung Clearview Flipcover Case, a 64GB Samsung SD card and 6 months of free Netflix.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Hey there's an "Entertainment Kit" I read about exclusive to S8/+ owners who bought their phones after the pre-order period. If you fall into that category look it up I don't have details. But I know you get the Samsung Clearview Flipcover Case, a 64GB Samsung SD card and 6 months of free Netflix.

Yeah I did not qualify for either promotion. It kinda sucks.

Bittersweet_Life

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I currently have a case (Strada), car mount that I already had and a new wireless charger.

Planning on getting the Anker power bank w. USB-C compatibility this week.

Still on the fence about which screen protector to get. Whitestone Dome is tempting, but the other tempered glass options look like hot garbage. Looking into wet application TPU screen protectors as well.

For now, the folio case is good because it covers the screen completely unless I am using it.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I currently have a case (Strada), car mount that I already had and a new wireless charger.

Planning on getting the Anker power bank w. USB-C compatibility this week.

Still on the fence about which screen protector to get. Whitestone Dome is tempting, but the other tempered glass options look like hot garbage. Looking into wet application TPU screen protectors as well.

For now, the folio case is good because it covers the screen completely unless I am using it.

I really want a wireless charger and a Gear S3 and that Gear 360. But in reality a decent looking case would be nice.

I don't like screen protectors, over the years I have tried all kinds on a few phones and none of them really protected well and the protectors always made swiping skip and lag at best. I know I risk scratching but *knocks on wood, I have been nice to my phones over the years. Since I know I can't afford a replacement I take the best care I can with them. I cracked my first screen, on my GS5 a few months ago. I was unplugging it from charging at work and it fell flat on the screen. Even with the raised edge of the Spigen case I got a good crack from top to bottom. Still works but very angry at myself for letting it happen.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I really want a wireless charger and a Gear S3 and that Gear 360. But in reality a decent looking case would be nice.

I don't like screen protectors, over the years I have tried all kinds on a few phones and none of them really protected well and the protectors always made swiping skip and lag at best. I know I risk scratching but *knocks on wood, I have been nice to my phones over the years. Since I know I can't afford a replacement I take the best care I can with them. I cracked my first screen, on my GS5 a few months ago. I was unplugging it from charging at work and it fell flat on the screen. Even with the raised edge of the Spigen case I got a good crack from top to bottom. Still works but very angry at myself for letting it happen.
I've got the Gear S3 Frontier. That is a fantastic Watch! I love that it'll work anywhere you slide a card (Samsung Pay) same as the phone does. Screen is bigger than s2, it's snappier and is just an all around better watch. I had the Gear VR (free promo version, no extras) and sold it. I'd rather recoup some cost. Planning to go to that monster Note 8 when available! May wait until it's out not sure on preordering
584cf7d8cdf498351db96ffb512fb95a.jpg

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I've got the Gear S3 Frontier. That is a fantastic Watch! I love that it'll work anywhere you slide a card (Samsung Pay) same as the phone does. Screen is bigger than s2, it's snappier and is just an all around better watch. I had the Gear VR (free promo version, no extras) and sold it. I'd rather recoup some cost. Planning to go to that monster Note 8 when available! May wait until it's out not sure on preordering//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170511/584cf7d8cdf498351db96ffb512fb95a.jpg

I know I keep saying this but I thought SG8+ was the new Note. Didn't know Samsung was just copying apple in naming their products. If I would have known a Note8 was going to be released later this year I would have held out and waited.

That watch is sexy. Do you think Samsung would take organs as a form of payment for product?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I know I keep saying this but I thought SG8+ was the new Note. Didn't know Samsung was just copying apple in naming their products. If I would have known a Note8 was going to be released later this year I would have held out and waited.

That watch is sexy. Do you think Samsung would take organs as a form of payment for product?
I'm really glad T-Mobile has there no finance charge financing because that's how I got my watch and my phone . And I can upgrade my phone once it is halfway paid

Bittersweet_Life

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site

I am slowly growing to love using the phone without a screen protector, TBH. I have been a tempered glass loyalists for years and rocked the plastic films before that, but there's nothing that beats the smoothness and responsiveness of the screen itself.

Fingers crossed that I don't scratch it!

Targatheory

Banned
May 13, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, check it out. There are certain dates for qualifications. Even if you already purchased the gs8, you might still qualify because it's not a with purchase deal. For example, the SD Card and CLEAR CASE WITH NETFLIX DEAL was the previous offer which I qualified for, but I purchased the phone alone and signed up for the offer afterwards separate. I know what it's like having a mild job and investing in the best of the best but with restriction every so often. It's worth a look.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Seriously, check it out. There are certain dates for qualifications. Even if you already purchased the gs8, you might still qualify because it's not a with purchase deal. For example, the SD Card and CLEAR CASE WITH NETFLIX DEAL was the previous offer which I qualified for, but I purchased the phone alone and signed up for the offer afterwards separate. I know what it's like having a mild job and investing in the best of the best but with restriction every so often. It's worth a look.

I checked the dates are May 25th to June something. I do not qualify. I tried to see if I qualified for the entertainment package but I did not qualify. Besides I don't have the $49 right now anyway. Rent is due and I'm am short on that as it is. My purchase date fell between the vr and entertainment set. I could not get either when I applied.

It just shows my luck. Once entered a giveaway 3 prizes were being given away, it was on facebook live when I was on facebook. The person was waiting for more people to join and decided to give some stuff away. There was 4 of us. Guess who didn't win. I am also notorious for calling in for concert tickets to a local college station and always being one too late. One time a friend I had no idea was going to call for tickets won with me being the next caller. There is a story with the lottery I have that even just thinking about it makes me go into a rage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance