Holsters for s8 plus

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi all
I'm after a decent holster to fit onto my belt and slip my s8 plus into, while I work, I've been getting my previous holsters, from turtleback USA, I like them, but the clip usually comes out after a couple of months, I've just ordered two for my phone. Anyone got any suggestions based on there experience, I usually have mine vertical, attached to my belt, the turtleback allow you to slip them into case and put cover down,
Cheers john

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Search Amazon for "Encased" they sell several belt clip/case combos and also make holsters for many other popular cases already 👌

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Bought 2 of the Encased units, one for a naked phone and the other was their rebel series. The rebel series adds a lot of bulk and weight to the S8+ as it's a 3 piece style case and didn't care for it but the holster part sees to be good quality. My UAG case on the S8+ barely fits the rebel series holster and my Best buy Platinum case, which used to be made by Seidio with different branding. That one looks like the 18th is the date for that one.

mabelpines

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I've heard really good things about Zizo Bolt cases.

My brother has used one for his iPhone, he works in construction and apparently this is what a lot of the guys on his lot use.

He also uses it to watch videos while he works cause he is a total slacker :-! :p

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Bought 2 of the Encased units, one for a naked phone and the other was their rebel series. The rebel series adds a lot of bulk and weight to the S8+ as it's a 3 piece style case and didn't care for it but the holster part sees to be good quality. My UAG case on the S8+ barely fits the rebel series holster and my Best buy Platinum case, which used to be made by Seidio with different branding. That one looks like the 18th is the date for that one.

+1 on this, the encased holster looks the same, but the material is thinner than the Seido holster. It works, but I doubt it will hold up to a good snag as Seido holsters have in the past for me personally. HTH

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've heard really good things about Zizo Bolt cases.

My brother has used one for his iPhone, he works in construction and apparently this is what a lot of the guys on his lot use.

He also uses it to watch videos while he works cause he is a total slacker :-! :p

Got a Zizo and it's pretty good. Came with a tempered glass screen protector which works with all my 9 cases. Came with a holster but I'm not a holster guy.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Just got my Seido holster combo in and I think the Encase is a better fit. The Seido case is a 3 piece case and adds a bit of weight to it, it fits in the holster just fine but feels slippery in the hand. Now the Encase holster is slightly larger and I can use the UAG Plasma or the Moko Crystal Clear TPU case in it just fine. Both cases also fit in the Seido holster but it's a tighter fit. My Spigen thin fit doesn't work in any case and the rugged armor cases fit in both holsters but with some play in it.

In the end I think I'll keep the Encase for the $20, case is way too think for what I like abut the holster seems decent. The Seido is nice but won't fit some of my larger cases and that is when I need a holster.

alantwm

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S8+ with an Otterbox Defender tough case. The Otterbox comes with a holster, but it's crap because the clip keeps falling off my belt and it's quite difficult to retrieve the phone from the holster. Ideally, I'd like a pouch case with a belt LOOP.

A few days ago, I finally found my ideal holster/pouch: Hengwin vertical nylon smartphone holster for iPhone 7+.

1. It fits the S8+ WITH Otterbox almost perfectly and is easy to put away and retrieve. The top magnetic flap does close but is tilted slightly due to the length of the phone. Thinner cases would have an easier time.
2. It has a belt loop, so no worries about any clip falling off the belt.

Just my 2 cents. Vertical pouches with belt loops that fit an Otterbox are a bit tough to find.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S8+ with an Otterbox Defender tough case. The Otterbox comes with a holster, but it's crap because the clip keeps falling off my belt and it's quite difficult to retrieve the phone from the holster. Ideally, I'd like a pouch case with a belt LOOP.

A few days ago, I finally found my ideal holster/pouch: Hengwin vertical nylon smartphone holster for iPhone 7+.

1. It fits the S8+ WITH Otterbox almost perfectly and is easy to put away and retrieve. The top magnetic flap does close but is tilted slightly due to the length of the phone. Thinner cases would have an easier time.
2. It has a belt loop, so no worries about any clip falling off the belt.

Just my 2 cents. Vertical pouches with belt loops that fit an Otterbox are a bit tough to find.

One of the reasons that I have stopped using the Defender holster several years ago. I just install the case and chunk the holster in a drawer. If you have to wear it and you are not a big person than it's OK. It also has a kickstand.

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I use a Premium Leather AGOZ Pouch Case Holster with Belt Clip & Belt Loops (Fits with a Slim Cover) with a spigen hybrid case, works good, nothing fancy on Amazon for $9.00. For my S5 I used a similar case from CellBee. ran through 3 of them over 2.5 years, cheap, decent, easily replaced the new one has a clip and belt loops (for us old guys)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca