Which Dbrand skin?

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So I'm thinking of picking up a Dbrand skin and I believe I've got it down to the matte black or the black dragon skin. Just the back. If anyone has any experience with these can you tell me which feels the best in hand? Which is grippiest etc? Would you recommend just the back or all around?

I know it'll end up being in a case anyway, but for those times when it's not in one I'd like a little grip.

It CAN be used with a case correct? I think I read where it can.

I'm currently using the Supcase and OtterBox Defender (depending on the day)so I'm hoping it fits in them.

Thoughts? Advice?

Thank you.

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
So I'm thinking of picking up a Dbrand skin and I believe I've got it down to the matte black or the black dragon skin. Just the back. If anyone has any experience with these can you tell me which feels the best in hand? Which is grippiest etc? Would you recommend just the back or all around?

I know it'll end up being in a case anyway, but for those times when it's not in one I'd like a little grip.

It CAN be used with a case correct? I think I read where it can.

I'm currently using the Supcase and OtterBox Defender (depending on the day)so I'm hoping it fits in them.

Thoughts? Advice?

Thank you.

Depends on the case.

I've had experience with the matte dbrand and to me it's more slippery than the glass on the phone itself, so that was a no go for me. Don't know about the dragon skin though, but something tells me it's also fairly slippery, like all the other dbrand skins. Best skin I've ever had was the slickwraps natural series leather for my note 5. Great grip, just didn't look all that great honestly but I didn't care too much at that point. Kept the form factor of the phone intact and added much needed grip, so I was happy. The vinyl skins are always slippery to me.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Depends on the case.

I've had experience with the matte dbrand and to me it's more slippery than the glass on the phone itself, so that was a no go for me. Don't know about the dragon skin though, but something tells me it's also fairly slippery, like all the other dbrand skins. Best skin I've ever had was the slickwraps natural series leather for my note 5. Great grip, just didn't look all that great honestly but I didn't care too much at that point. Kept the form factor of the phone intact and added much needed grip, so I was happy. The vinyl skins are always slippery to me.

Good to know, thank you!

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the black dragon. Looks great, textured. Definitely feels much better than hare glass. Now is it super grippy? I think dbrand overexaggerated the grippiness of it, but i still like it. I did read others opinions on the matte black and majority of them said that's the grippiest skin from dbrand

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
I have the black dragon. Looks great, textured. Definitely feels much better than hare glass. Now is it super grippy? I think dbrand overexaggerated the grippiness of it, but i still like it. I did read others opinions on the matte black and majority of them said that's the grippiest skin from dbrand

Might be the "grippiest" skin from dbrand, which I disagree with completely, but still extremely slippery all the same. I just wouldn't recommend dbrand, or any vinyl skin like it, for anyone looking to add any sort of significant grip to the phone.