Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Speck Presidio Grip. One of the best. Definitely other good choices too. 👌
0acef699d925028134a9be4a065236bc.jpg

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox Defender. Bulk is far less than in years past. Sides are textured for great grip. Slimmer than the GS7 Defender by a couple of millimeters. Very pocketable.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Pelican or Otterbox. I own both and find them to have great grip and superior protection.

I've seen drop test due to the Pelican being plastic tends to break on the corners on hard impacts compared to something soft like the Defender or Commuter.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Have you noticed some of the grip coming off--several reviews complain about that with the grips on the Speck

I've read that as well. Also drop the Speck doesn't fair well. Just watch Mobilereviewseh. Probably the Incipio DualPro would be a better alternative. Even the Symmetry would be even though it's not any better than the Speck for drop protection, you don't have to worry about the grippy stuff pealing off.

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I've read that as well. Also drop the Speck doesn't fair well. Just watch Mobilereviewseh. Probably the Incipio DualPro would be a better alternative. Even the Symmetry would be even though it's not any better than the Speck for drop protection, you don't have to worry about the grippy stuff pealing off.
Symmetry for S8+ I have as well. Really like it too. It isn't nearly as grippy as this Speck Grip but it's a good case. 👌 On my Symmetry I have a popsocket so it's grip exponentially improved but without thwt the hard plastic back is not super grippy.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Symmetry for S8+ I have as well. Really like it too. It isn't nearly as grippy as this Speck Grip but it's a good case. 👌 On my Symmetry I have a popsocket so it's grip exponentially improved but without thwt the hard plastic back is not super grippy.

Agreed. Defender is far grippier than Symmetry.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Agreed. Defender is far grippier than Symmetry.

Symmetry is WAY overpriced too. Better off buying a Supcase Unicorn Beetle or buy a couple of them incase one wears out.

For the price of the Symmetry you're better off just buying the Defender. You can buy the black one for the s8 Plus for 38 bucks at Sam's and Amazon also same price and even price match it at best buy. Symmetry might be good if you like switching cases as the Defender removing it a lot causes the inner shell tabs to wear a bit causing creaking noises and the outer rubber tends to wear too from removing it a lot. I have my S7 Edge for the VR so I have no reason to remove mine anymore.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Symmetry is WAY overpriced too. Better off buying a Supcase Unicorn Beetle or buy a couple of them incase one wears out.

For the price of the Symmetry you're better off just buying the Defender. You can buy the black one for the s8 Plus for 38 bucks at Sam's and Amazon also same price and even price match it at best buy. Symmetry might be good if you like switching cases as the Defender removing it a lot causes the inner shell tabs to wear a bit causing creaking noises and the outer rubber tends to wear too from removing it a lot. I have my S7 Edge for the VR so I have no reason to remove mine anymore.

I have the Symmetry, Defender and Unicorn Beetle Supcase.

The Defender is definitely grippier and more protective than the other two, BUT the Supcase is still very nice, protective and grippy with the slimmest profile.

If you only want one good looking, fairly slim case and don't want to break the bank I'd highly recommend the Supcase.

If you want the most protective and grippy then go Defender (it's also not nearly as bulky as older models were).

Knowing what I know now I'd pass on the Commuter and Symmetry OtterBox cases for the S8.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Otterbox Defender. I love this case-just bought a few days ago. What's nice is there's no plastic screen cover (I prefer that way). Very protective fit, excellent grip too.
8380c3339c006ce641a1c9da1ea39be3.jpg
1b83e8816ce4ec23dd152028e091bae7.jpg