S8 microphone

Chuckydiesel

May 21, 2017
Visit site
Based on forum traffic and conversations with Samsung rep, I'm not the only one who had a mic go bad on their S8 already.

About a week after I got my S8, the microphone stopped working. After an hour on the phone with support, and several more hours dealing with the rep in Best Buy for Samsung, I ended up sending phone back to Samsung to repair/replace (I ordered directly from Samsung). I just got an email telling me they're sending my phone back unrepaired; no explanation. I'll follow up with a phone call tomorrow, but this is bull**** for an $800 phone.

geagle63

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem with my S8 Took it to my service provider and They replaced it no problem I even Ended up with an extra set of headphones and quick charger

EthanStark

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
Microphone problems on Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus are extremely annoying because they affect the most common, basic function of any smartphone, the one of making and receiving phone calls. When your microphone isn’t working, the persons you’re trying to talk to won’t be able to hear you. This is, obviously, an issue that requires immediate intervention.

Just like with any other Samsung problem, you can suspect either a hardware or a software cause. As you must know by now, most hardware problems cannot be handled by the regular user and require a special intervention in service.

On the software side, however, you have a couple of things to test. If it’s a software or firmware problem, like a glitch, a third-party app, or a more general issue with the device.

Ethan Stark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463