Will the Galaxy S8 bring new killer features?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I think we're post-killer feature now... It's all about refinement. The camera will most likely be better, but only by a marginal amount of course... it'll be faster, be a little bit more power efficient, etc... I am not so sure we're due for any major design overhaul like we saw between the S5/S6 generations, so I'm fully expecting another iteration of what we saw in the S7 and Note 7.

Beware the crazy rumors.. :) 4500mah batteries, 10G RAM and 8K displays...

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think we're post-killer feature now... It's all about refinement. The camera will most likely be better, but only by a marginal amount of course... it'll be faster, be a little bit more power efficient, etc... I am not so sure we're due for any major design overhaul like we saw between the S5/S6 generations, so I'm fully expecting another iteration of what we saw in the S7 and Note 7.

Beware the crazy rumors.. :) 4500mah batteries, 10G RAM and 8K displays...

A big AMEN on this. I feel like manufacturers should focus a bit more on user experience in terms of software. Samsung will be presenting their AI or "assistant" features just as Google did. At this point in the game, its all about what device and service can help us find and connect the things we like.

Battery life, display quality and cameras are very good across the board. Some are exceptional, and that's where we tend to focus our attention to.

I want to say, "Ok Google (or whoever), book me a flight to Miami on the 20th" "Ok Google, I want to see Rogue 1 on opening night" - These assistants should learn my preferences and be able to make a decision.