White and gold S8 looks hideous?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Looks like an alien spaceship. Even the theme looks very alien like. Who else thinks so? All black is definitely the better color, hides the ugly sensor holes.

7d607111gy1fdjzfj0egdj20qo0zk41v.jpg
galaxy-s8-gold-720x720.jpg
homescreen-2-840x788.jpg

wolfedude88

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Those are screen protectors on the black model. Shouldn't see all the sensors on the real color phones. But it might still be hideous who knows

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Not the best theme or wallpaper to show off the screen. Perhaps that's on purpose keep some mystery for launch day. Still, you guys are right, these colors are fugly this year. I'm not paying $900 for that!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Just don't understand the curved screen. Never will. Hard to hold. Distorts image. Breaks easier. Impossible to cover with glass screen protector. Difficult for any screen protector to hold on in a case. Just ugly. Now that iPhone is soon to have curved screens can Android just move on and leave iPhone in the past?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Just don't understand the curved screen. Never will. Hard to hold. Distorts image. Breaks easier. Impossible to cover with glass screen protector. Difficult for any screen protector to hold on in a case. Just ugly. Now that iPhone is soon to have curved screens can Android just move on and leave iPhone in the past?

Ironically my S7 Edge a year later has not a scratch, ding or break anywhere on it. And I've treated no differently than any past phone. This this thing is deceptively tough and sturdy in my book.

As for distorted images, I still don't see it.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I do that all the time. I don't see it. Text I read doesn't even stretch over the edge. Even expanding the text doesn't do it. It just runs off the edge.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I do that all the time. I don't see it. Text I read doesn't even stretch over the edge. Even expanding the text doesn't do it. It just runs off the edge.
Your brain is compensating and "ignoring" the distortion. It is there. Like we see white as white even though the walls in daylight and incandescent light look totally different. The brain compensates. It's why some folks cannot see optical illusions no matter how hard they try.
For you of course it doesn't matter what the reason is. You see it well so it is fine. Not so for many of us. More importantly there is no compelling reason not to use flat screen.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Maybe. But I have never noticed it and so I'm not bothered by it. If it were such a major problem it would be all over the forums.

I don't disagree that there was no compelling reason for the curve to be there, but now that it is, I'm used to it and I love it.

Like everything Samsung does, from TouchWiz to Edge screens to funky placements and features, they will always inspire both love and hate...But more importantly, imitation.

Last edited:

keno101

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Love the edge on my s7 use it naked dropped a BUNCH of times not one crack. And the image is amazing. So I'm thinking you might be a tad bit wrong on this one buddy.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Love the edge on my s7 use it naked dropped a BUNCH of times not one crack. And the image is amazing. So I'm thinking you might be a tad bit wrong on this one buddy.
In the time I had the Note 7 it annoyed me all the time. A matter of opinion for sure but does the curve make the picture better? Of course not and many see the distortion I do. It also reduces the true viewable screen size. There is no compelling reason for it. I wish they would make one flagship model with the flat. screen. The S8 or the Note 8. Both of course will have a curved screen but I look forward to the day the curve fad dies.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I will admit, it doesn't look that great. BUT this is just a leaked picture and the colour may change or look different in real life or in official studio photos. We are very close to the release so just have to wait a couple more days :)

I definitely think the black colour is nicer since it does cover up all those black sensors :)
Thanks for posting the photos @jeffhuypham! always nice to keep seeing leaks. Without leaks everyone may dehydrate lol.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, no one has ever called a Samsung phone beautiful based on leaks (except maybe the Blue Coral Note 7).

I'm sure low quality photos aren't doing this phone justice.

With that said, all those cut outs better add up to some serious functionality.

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I agree, they are pretty ugly! Hopefully the silver won't look as bad, if so I'll be going with the all black one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance