Is the S8 really getting that force touch/ sensitive touch screen?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Since Apple hold a lot of patents regarding the 3D touch / Force Touch on their screens and devices, it's a little murky as to what Samsung is allowed to do. The only thing I've heard is that force touch may be coming but only to a small section of the screen around the home button at the bottom. You never know, this may all just be some and mirrors and Samsung doesn't really implement it. :)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I had an iPhone shortly through work last year and didn't use the sensitive touch option. I don't care if they have it or not. I may check it out but I like navigating around the Normal way. Also may be pretty interested in Bixby

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Pixel had something similar except it was a "LONG Press" method. That seems ok IMO. I messed around with the force touch on the iPhone 7 plus and only used it with certain apps. Anyway, I agree with/herad the same as Matty

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Pixel had something similar except it was a "Long Press" method. That seems ok IMO. I messed around with the force touch on the iPhone 7 plus and only used it with certain apps. Anyway, I agree with/herad the same as Matty

kyleresq

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I had heard a lot about that and I was interested as well. I didn't hear anything about it since the release so I guess it is a no-go!

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
The on screen home button has force touch (feedback dependent on pressure) and the rest of the UI uses long touches to replicate force touch as far as I can tell.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad