Audio Performance - will it be a factor in your decision?

YOA78

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm curious to see how many users will hold off on buying the S8 or S8+ until the audio performance has been tested in the real world. Samsung hasn't been the biggest purveyor of audio performance (namely in their speakers. The headphone jack may be a different story - but I don't recall Samsung being lauded for that aspect either) in ther handsets and I'm wondering how well the S8/S8+ will fare in the audio department.

It's sad that in 2017 - Samsung has still not embraced stereo speakers for their handsets despite other manufacturers (including Apple) implementing some form of stereo speakers.

Audio performance is huge for me as I don't always use bluetooth headphones or wired headphones and need a decent speaker set-up to handle calls, music, and streaming media (youtube, soundcloud, etc.)

Just wanted to get a sense from everyone to see how much of a factor audio performance is in ther phone buying process. :D

jdunker26

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the same curiosity and am waiting to hear how the audio is before I decide on the S8 or G6. If Samsung had put a stereo speakers setup on the G8 there'd be no question for me.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I won't buy S8 and I does not seems to be better than my new Mate 9, on top of that ye, S7E Exynos audio performance were poor, flagship should be the best at everything, the Mate 9 is some sort of it.

Samsung could easily do both, great DAC and stereo speakers, heck i hope Axon 8 will have IP68 larger batt and screen, Axon 7 audio performance are unmatched

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I was hoping for stereo speakers but in the end I'll live with whatever they got just like I did with the other phones.

Ilya Ivanov

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I won't buy S8 and I does not seems to be better than my new Mate 9, on top of that ye, S7E Exynos audio performance were poor, flagship should be the best at everything, the Mate 9 is some sort of it.

Samsung could easily do both, great DAC and stereo speakers, heck i hope Axon 8 will have IP68 larger batt and screen, Axon 7 audio performance are unmatched
Yeah the audio performance is good but only accessible through axon music app. Which limits it's usefulness

YOA78

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
I have the same curiosity and am waiting to hear how the audio is before I decide on the S8 or G6. If Samsung had put a stereo speakers setup on the G8 there'd be no question for me.

I'm kind of in the same bag..... if it had stereo speakers, I would be willing to take the plunge.. but I'm going to wait and see how it performs before plunking down $850+ (for the S8+)... Man... just typing $850+ makes me take pause LOL. that's a LOT OF CASH for ANYTHING... let alone a mobile device...

Last edited:

YOA78

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
Sacrifices have to be made and waterproof, design, battery size and screen are higher in priority for me.

I agree that some sacrifices have to be made and that you can't make a phone to suit everyone's needs :) ..... however when device manufacturers (as a whole) have 'forced' consumers into a one-device-fits-all solution, you (consumers) tend to expect everything to be on point (screen quality, screen brightness, battery life, durability, sound quality, etc.)

YOA78

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
I was hoping for stereo speakers but in the end I'll live with whatever they got just like I did with the other phones.

I'm hoping that Samsung has some type of saving grace and installed some type of high quality (& output) headphone amp and high quality DAC to compensate for the lack of stereo speakers. I know that the Exynos version will have some sort of Wolfgang DAC and from what I have experienced and read, those DACs perform relatively well. I have a Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (Wi-Fi only so it's the Exynos Soc) and after modifying the default_gain.conf file, I'm quite pleased with the audio performance..

YOA78

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
Yeah the audio performance is good but only accessible through axon music app. Which limits it's usefulness

NOOOOOO, Say it ain't sooooo LOL. I have been considering the Axon 7 due to the stereo speakers and headphone amp/dac (that's been praised across the board) but if I can't take advantage of the DAC from my music players of choice (power amp, player pro, and JetAudio Plus) then that may be a no go for me...

Ilya Ivanov

May 11, 2013
Visit site
NOOOOOO, Say it ain't sooooo LOL. I have been considering the Axon 7 due to the stereo speakers and headphone amp/dac (that's been praised across the board) but if I can't take advantage of the DAC from my music players of choice (power amp, player pro, and JetAudio Plus) then that may be a no go for me...
So only option that gives you an ability to use any music app with premium DAC is a v20

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
As long as the audio sounds good through my headphones, and not horrible without them I don't really care about stereo speakers. I rarely listen to anything without headphones and if I am playing a video it's likely to be a clip, since I don't watch movies on my phone. I am just thankful they are sticking with the 3.5 jack.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance