Anyone Waiting for Unlocked S8 Plus from Samsung?

anon(10206632)

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I hate all the bloat and seriously considering waiting for the unlocked version on May 9th.

I'm in the USA and on Verizon Wireless. Anyone else thinking unlocked?

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes that's what I'm waiting on. Even though I wish my G935U would get Nougat, I'm not all that bothered by slow updates. Marshmallow has worked fine for the last number of months; it is still working fine.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes I'm in the US and on Verizon as well, and I'm waiting on the G955U. I wish updates would be more timely, but it's not a decision maker for me. Even though I wish my G935U would get Nougat, I'm not all that bothered by slow updates. Marshmallow has worked fine for the last number of months; it is still working fine.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I using the unlocked Moto G5 with Nougat for now my 1st unlocked phone(and I don't mean carrier unlocked like my Sprint iPhone) and I must say without all the carrier bloat and restrictions it's so much better , so Yeal I'll wait until May

anon(10206632)

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I came from Nexus 6P to S7 Edge. Love the phone but VZ bloat OMG. I hate all that **** they do to the phone. Waiting for Samsung unlocked seems like the smart call to keep carriers out of the equation. I would assume phones run even more efficient the way Samsung intended for it to run.

akroy

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I don't have much choice, I'm on gci and manufacturers are still dancing to the tune of the carriers, if it was possible I would pre order today so I could get in on the promotional gear but as it sits now I would have to switch to att or Verizon to get it. I would like to personally thank them for screwing me out of all of the promotional gear.

anon(10206632)

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Yes I'm in the US and on Verizon as well, and I'm waiting on the G955U. I wish updates would be more timely, but it's not a decision maker for me. Even though I wish my G935U would get Nougat, I'm not all that bothered by slow updates. Marshmallow has worked fine for the last number of months; it is still working fine.
So unlocked will work on VZ with no issues?

heartagram616

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
after the lack of timely security updates and still no nougat on my unlocked S7 edge, pretty sure I won't be going unlocked with Samsung again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar