Tempered Glass Screen Protector

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I asked if adhesive on whole glass and from his answer it sounds like only on the top and bottom?

"Nope, it has the Dot Matrix which means no adhesive on the actual display area."

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I asked if adhesive on whole glass and from his answer it sounds like only on the top and bottom?

"Nope, it has the Dot Matrix which means no adhesive on the actual display area."

It would be really nice if someone from one of these companies would tell us why they can't do a wet application. I'm assuming that would not work because of the curves. My s7e has several micro scratches in it even though it is always the only thing in that pocket. Frustrating.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I ordered some new glass from spigen. It's called neo flex. I don't even think it's glass, idk wtf it is.

I've always used tempered glass, but when I got the s7 edge I didn't use one because of the curve and it was scratched in like 2 days.

When I got the note 7, I got some of that liquid screen protector stuff and that stuff is awesome.

I'll probably wind up using that again if this neo flex is a waste of money.
I had a flexible glass on my v20 and it's definitely not real glass and scratches real easy.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
You can probably use IQ Shield, Skinmoi,Illumiaquashield. I've used all 3. They are all wet install. The only way I will try a tempered glass is if they offer a money back guarantee. I see a lot of them on Amazon offer a lifetime guarantee but what good is a lifetime guarantee if it doesn't stick right. They should make 1 that goes to where the curve starts. It will sit flat,and the chances of scratching the edge are pretty slim IMO
Iq shield and skinomi were definitely not case friendly and who can go without their phone for 24 hours while it dries. I have a pure gear pet screen protector on my v20 and it's nice but still not 100% case friendly. Incipio flexible glass was nice, but scratched real easy.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Iq shield and skinomi were definitely not case friendly and who can go without their phone for 24 hours while it dries. I have a pure gear pet screen protector on my v20 and it's nice but still not 100% case friendly. Incipio flexible glass was nice, but scratched real easy.

I am using an IQ Shield with my Spigen Heo Hybrid and it is very case friendly with this case. I can't speak for other cases though

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site

Polyurethane skins like these 2 can have a case put on them 20-30 minutes after application, and unless there is a small sea that you didn't properly squeegee out from underneath it then it should be %100 useable. You "might" see some rainbow artifacting under bubbles while it is still drying. Live with it.

I scanned and saw that xtremeguard still doesn't have their s8 stuff up yet, but I did happen to find a tempered glass supplier who was selling flat protectors that didn't cover the edges. I ordered it just to see how it turns out. It is going to come down to how the screen light refracts and looks with it, I have little worry that anything will scratch the exposed sides, it's going in a neo hybrid as well.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The GS8 will be my first smartphone with a curved display as I have avoided them in the past due to cost not justifying the value of the added features. I saw the Alpha Glass from Otterbox and Gorilla Glass has one but it's sold out. Are there any other options? Do I really need it?

Got this one off amazon. Let's see how it fits.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Glass Screen Protector from Tech Armor, 3D Curved Ballistic Glass, Clear - [1-Pack] https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XPVX72T...hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5756494

Attachments

• 664.jpg
    664.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 46

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Does the glass have the Dot Matrix or is there adhesive on the actual display area?

Can you post a couple pictures of the actual glass?

Hope it does not have a hole where the home button goes?
No holes where the home button is. Not sure why any tempered glass would have one considering it is a virtual button

Attachments

• 704.jpg
    704.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 42

JLD94

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Can't wait to see some actual pictures of these on the phones. Watched the review of the otterbox one, looked pretty good, but OUCH that price!

-Myk-

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a tempered glass protector waiting for the phone, if it does not go on very well then I am going to try liquid glass.

This is the one I got. I've had good luck with that brand on other items.

Galaxy S8 Plus Glass Screen Protector, amFilm Full Screen [Case Friendly] Dot Matrix 3D Curved Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus [Clear] [Bubble Free Guarantee]

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995