S8 battery life

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I plan to go to T-mobile tomorrow and look at the S8 and S8 +. I currently have the S7 edge but I like the S8 when looking at battery size I am not impressed with the S8.

What are other thoughts and experiences? I know few have hands on.

Thank you

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
A lot of the reviewers have said the battery lasts longer than the S7 Edge, so I think you have not much to worry about

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The smaller chipset means less battery consumption and better performance. Really can't wait to see how it performs. Phones are becoming more efficient.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Unless you are off the grid often and away from a power source, this shouldn't be any concern. I never thought twice about it when ordering. More concerned about overall size. The slightly smaller battery will also charge slightly faster as well.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
The 10nm process on the Snapdragon 835 is going to help, but so is the more efficient display. If I'm not mistaken, I think DisplayMate tagged this display as 10% more efficient than the prior gen on the S7. Given that the display is the biggest battery drain, I'm hoping that added efficiency offsets the larger display.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The S8+ lasts a bit longer than the S7 Edge with a slightly smaller battery. I assume the S8 will last a bit longer than the S7 with the same size battery, but won't reach the S7 Edge.

On paper, the 835 is 40% more efficient than last year's. But your screen is easily half of your consumption, so it won't be a 40% savings across the board. The display may be 10% more efficient, but the screen has grown ~15% from the S7. So that's a wash at best. So you're looking at a 20% increase in battery life, tops, based purely on CPU related functions. The gsmarena test shows the S8+ is a bit over 9% improved over the S7 Edge, but with a 3% smaller battery. So the S8 will probably be 10% better than the S7.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
The smaller chipset means less battery consumption and better performance. Really can't wait to see how it performs. Phones are becoming more efficient.

I can't wait to check it out as well. I have high hopes for the chipset.

The 10nm process on the Snapdragon 835 is going to help, but so is the more efficient display. If I'm not mistaken,

That's right, they said that basically even though the S8 has a larger screen the power consumption is relatively the same as the S7 due to having a more efficient display.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Granted that video was done with the exynos version and on full HD but with brightness at max.

The snapdragon 835 should be about the same as the exynos version regarding the battery life and from my experiences, full HD and wqhd didn't really make a difference on my battery life. I don't use full brightness neither.

All in all, the US variants should be close to the exynos variants.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac