Better Battery Life

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
"Specifically, Samsung says that after a typical year's worth of charges and discharges, the Galaxy S7 only maintained about 80% of its total effective battery capacity. The Galaxy S8 and S8+, however, will maintain 95% of their capacity over that same period with the same usage." -- Android Police (See link below)

Well that explains it. I've been trying everything to improve my s7e battery life. I noticed it just wasn't lasting as long. I even did a hard reset. I tried Lux, everything. A 5% drop in capacity is much better than a 20% drop in one year...

The Galaxy S8's new battery will degrade less quickly than the Galaxy S7's

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Battery deteriation is why batteries are sealed in the first place. Forces a more industry favorable device retirement curve and keeps people buying new devices instead of people like me using a Note 4 over three years. The industry needs an average of two years to keep things churning. Replaceable batteries go against that.

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Battery deteriation is why batteries are sealed in the first place. Forces a more industry favorable device retirement curve and keeps people buying new devices instead of people like me using a Note 4 over three years. The industry needs an average of two years to keep things churning. Replaceable batteries go against that.

True!!!

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
You can always take your phone to one of these phone repair shops and they can swap in a new battery for you. Costs like $40-50.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site

Not really, connections to the battery from the phone also wear out, get corroded, etc. Just ask Lumia 950 owners.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy