Samsung Galaxy S8 does it suck?

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm... My experience with the fingerprint sensor was the opposite. I set the phone down and picked it up several times. Each time, my index finger landed right on the fingerprint scanner. Not once did it land on the camera. The other thing is the fingerprint scanner is slightly indented. You can feel the difference when you're not touching the scanner.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Makes sense on YouTube where most content is shot 16:9. But most movies are shot at a higher aspect ratio... Just depends on what you use it for. Personally I prefer the extra long screen... It can be used in many apps

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm... My experience with the fingerprint sensor was the opposite. I set the phone down and picked it up several times. Each time, my index finger landed right on the fingerprint scanner. Not once did it land on the camera. The other thing is the fingerprint scanner is slightly indented. You can feel the difference when you're not touching the scanner.

I'm the same way. The way I pick up and hold the phone my finger is just about on the sensor. It could be because I'm used to using the HR sensor which is in the location of the FPS on the S8.

Last edited:

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm the same way. The way I pick up and hold the phone my finger is just about on the sensor. It could be because I'm used to using the HR sensor which is in the location on the FPS on the S8.

The kicker is I'm currently using an iPhone 6s Plus, so I'm not used to the fingerprint sensor on the back. When I hold my phone, my left index finger automatically lands on the same spot on my phone. I don't think Samsung would have put it there and give the shape and feel it has without testing it first.

Btw, I'm ditching my iPhone as soon as my new S8+ gets here.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The kicker is I'm currently using an iPhone 6s Plus, so I'm not used to the fingerprint sensor on the back. When I hold my phone, my left index finger automatically lands on the same spot on my phone. I don't think Samsung would have put it there and give the shape and feel it has without testing it first.

Btw, I'm ditching my iPhone as soon as my new S8+ gets here.
My daughhter has the iphone 6sPlus. Not a bad looking phone but the S8Plus. Can't wait for it :)

Large Hadron

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Not everyone uses a phone primarily for viewing video anyway.

(No, I can't be bothered to watch this guy's video, I'm just going by comments here. Clickbaity title and dorky screenshot tell me that I'd just be irritated by it.)

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
so warning about battery life suffering due to running screen brightness all the way up is a warning the phone may explode? talk about a leap lol smh