What's the best deal on S8+ these days (AT&T)

shaidaz

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I guess best buy's $100 off deal is expired. What deals are out there to be had? I'd like to order on Thursday or Friday hopefully

Thanks in advance

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I guess best buy's $100 off deal is expired. What deals are out there to be had? I'd like to order on Thursday or Friday hopefully

Thanks in advance

Best Buys deal is still active on their website. Just pre order there.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
To save some the time. Best Buy will not match that deal(asked yesterday) & the Sams deal expires today 4/12. Free activation only between 4/21-4/23 per small print.

This is one reason why I like this forum...so many people with different info to pass. Thanks for the info. I didn't catch the expiration date.

shaidaz

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: What's the best deal on S8+ these days (AT&T)

Looks like the Sam's club deal is only on the S8, not the +
Edited to add, looks like that's not accurate info from the article above and it does cover the 8+

Last edited:

LokiM

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the Sam's club deal is only on the S8, not the +

Where do you see this? The gift card and free activation appear to apply to both S8 and S8+. The email I received from Sam's after I preordered an S8+ specifically mentioned that the gift card would be given after free in-store activation.

shaidaz

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Where do you see this? The gift card and free activation appear to apply to both S8 and S8+. The email I received from Sam's after I preordered an S8+ specifically mentioned that the gift card would be given after free in-store activation.
I read it in the article but I guess the article isn't accurate. I'm not a Sam's member so I didn't get an email so you probably have better info than I do, thanks for clarifying.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
This is one reason why I like this forum...so many people with different info to pass. Thanks for the info. I didn't catch the expiration date.

Welcome & same here. Great place for info. That aside, waited too long to preorder at Sams. Was put on a waiting list for the S8+ in orchid grey. However went back in & reserved a S8 same color. Received a confirmation on that one.

Walmart has $150 off pre-orders (not gift card). I wonder if Best Buy would PM that.

I think that is on pre paid phones, not ATT. edit: nevermind. Can do the pre paid stuff online & the traditional carrier stuff in stores. https://goto.walmart.com/c/1943169/...Id2=vbac&u=https://www.walmart.com/cp/2871322

J4To

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, it's in-store only. And for some reason the only store showing on the store finder (https://wm6.walmart.com/galaxys8storefinder) is about 20 miles away.

Fine print says valid only on AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint installment purchase plan.

Definitely tempting, but the extra the $50 at Best Buy might be worth avoiding the drive and Walmart on release day.

shaidaz

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it's in-store only. And for some reason the only store showing on the store finder (https://wm6.walmart.com/galaxys8storefinder) is about 20 miles away.

Fine print says valid only on AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint installment purchase plan.

Definitely tempting, but the extra the $50 at Best Buy might be worth avoiding the drive and Walmart on release day.
Does the Walmart deal include the VR like the Best Buy deal does?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Does the Walmart deal include the VR like the Best Buy deal does?

I believe that it's a Samsung deal and not store/carrier specific. Basically if someone pre-orders the S8/S8+ they qualify for the offer regardless of store or carrier.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Don't see a deal you like in retail stores or on their sites? Has it expired? No problem. Contact your carrier directly.

Here's what I've done in the past (and not abused this, as they make notes on your account):

Called/or initiated a chat with AT&T, and explained to them that you are looking to upgrade to said device, but it seems like there are no deals available while other carriers/retailers have them.

Explain that any current deal with AT&T is only extended to those who have direct TV and add a new line. Also make sure your account is in good standing before you mention your loyalty as a customer. Ask them if there is anything they can do in terms of offering similar discounts as other carriers/retailers.

You may get transferred to retentions or another level of customer service which is fine, but don't demand anything. Simply ask if there is anything they can do to help you remain a satisfied customer.

Stay cool and treat everyone you talk/chat to with respect. And remember, you are asking AT&T to do something they don't normally do. (But keep in mind, they are more than able to do this.) IF you get through, they will offer a one time discount if you buy it that day. Be prepared to buy the device you are negotiating the deal for. They want an immediate sale, and to know they satisfied you right away.

I see this in no way is "scamming" or trying to get one over on the carrier. It's called negotiating for a deal and price you deserve as a loyal customer. You are just getting your phone at a reasonable price.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
For those that went through Sams Club. Am sure this is pending location, but out local one will start calling Thursday to set up appt's to get your phone. Provided they receive their shipments tomorrow 4/19. So some may have their devices from them 4/20. :)