sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S8 Active coming to AT&T

c5e17195732cd76f6ef92c63d86e3fd2.jpg

GrumpyMomofMacR

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I already ordered the S8+, so I'm not interested beyond the usual curiosity over how it will look like, build quality and specs. As I recall, there were some unexpected problems with last year's version. I hope they do it right, this time, so that I might be tempted next time. I do like the idea of rugged phones. I just wish they would be released or at least announced at the same time as the regular versions. Going in to warm weather already, I'd rather have a rugged version sooner rather than later. Had I known an Active version was definitely going to be offered, I might have waited to consider it.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

I already ordered the S8+, so I'm not interested beyond the usual curiosity over how it will look like, build quality and specs. As I recall, there were some unexpected problems with last year's version. I hope they do it right, this time, so that I might be tempted next time. I do like the idea of rugged phones. I just wish they would be released or at least announced at the same time as the regular versions. Going in to warm weather already, I'd rather have a rugged version sooner rather than later. Had I known an Active version was definitely going to be offered, I might have waited to consider it.

I definitely agree, they should release it at the same time, or at least announce it.

If I remember correctly, I believe it was an issue with the water resistance aspect of it in the first batch or two.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Just imagine... An S8 Active with, at the very least, the battery of an S8 Plus of 3500 mah. 4000 mah would be a winner.

I was thinking the same thing. The S7 active had a 4000 mAh battery.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

What I don't get is why Samsung couldn't put a 3500 mAh battery in the S8 and a 4000 mAh battery in the S8+. The S7 edge and S7 active had no exploding problems at least not to the extent of Note 7.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

I'm pretty sure it comes down to size... they want the phones to be a certain size and thinness.

With the Active, they won't care as much about thickness more than bulk up the phone with the Active casing so they can afford to stick a bigger battery.

What I don't get is why Samsung couldn't put a 3500 mAh battery in the S8 and a 4000 mAh battery in the S8+. The S7 edge and S7 active had no exploding problems at least not to the extent of Note 7.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

I'm pretty sure it comes down to size... they want the phones to be a certain size and thinness.

With the Active, they won't care as much about thickness more than bulk up the phone with the Active casing so they can afford to stick a bigger battery.

I agree, but like other people I too would sacrifice a little thickness for a little more battery.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Just imagine... An S8 Active with, at the very least, the battery of an S8 Plus of 3500 mah. 4000 mah would be a winner.

I did make a thread HERE which was discussion the potential battery size. If they kept the same 4,00mAh battery + the 835 processor. We should have even better battery life than last year. Im still hoping for a larger 4,200mAh just because Samsun has licence to make it a little more chunky :)

Would i wait for the S8 Active? hmm, while i would LOVE the extra battery, i don't really think it will be worth the 3 + month wait.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
By the time the Active is out the Note 8 will be either out or close to being out. Not only the Note, they have to compete with Apple and Google around summer/fall. I think Samsung is rather stupid not to release it at the same time as the regular S8. When you release something you want as few competition as possible.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Comes along with all the AT&T/direct TV bloat/removed features and customized like crap. I never thought we will see a day when there is crappier version than the Verizon version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12