Wow. I ordered almost a month ago. Lol. What was the point of me ordering so early
    The point of you preordering was to *almost* guarantee you a device on launch day. It all depends on how much and how quickly the Best Buy in your area will have stock. All Best Buys aren't equal so in some areas people have to order early because they're stores don't get a much stock or is the only store that serves a very large area so stock could be depleted a lot faster whereas other areas get a lot of stock or have several store serving an area where it's not a problem getting your hands on one. Unfortunately, you don't really know this until you don't preorder lol. That's why you preorder. Because you don't know if the device will be available to you on release day. And trust me, with Best Buy, these things aren't a given. They'll will put you down for preorder and tell you on release day they don't have stock. So in my opinion it's better to preorder even though you can still get the device if you don't.
    04-21-2017 08:25 AM
    The point of you preordering was to *almost* guarantee you a device on launch day. It all depends on how much and how quickly the Best Buy in your area will have stock. All Best Buys aren't equal so in some areas people have to order early because they're stores don't get a much stock or is the only store that serves a very large area so stock could be depleted a lot faster whereas other areas get a lot of stock or have several store serving an area where it's not a problem getting your hands on one. Unfortunately, you don't really know this until you don't preorder lol. That's why you preorder. Because you don't know if the device will be available to you on release day. And trust me, with Best Buy, these things aren't a given. They'll will put you down for preorder and tell you on release day they don't have stock. So in my opinion it's better to preorder even though you can still get the device if you don't.
    I understand the point but thank you. The reason I Pre ordered it was to make sure so get one. I'm just still pissed that they treat everyone the same no matter when you order it. They should have let people go yesterday, people have lives.
    DWS44 likes this.
    04-21-2017 08:27 AM
    Yea, but yesterday was not release day.... and you knew when you preordered a month ago that you would most likely need to go in on release day.

Next time order from Verizon and you might get it earlier
    scorpiodsu and DWS44 like this.
    04-21-2017 08:30 AM
    Yea, but yesterday was not release day.... and you knew when you preordered a month ago that you would most likely need to go in on release day.

Next time order from Verizon and you might get it earlier
    I understand that. I'm just ranting. I always order from Verizon and get it early. I did best buy for the $100 off. No big deal guys. It's just silly that they shipped them early but can't "release" them until today. Don't act like I was the only one that was disappointed about not being able to go yesterday. And that was inky because I had stuff to take care of today. Most people just wanted it early for the sake of getting it early. Plus I was told to come in and they screwed up. So yeah best buy didn't handle it great
    ClintRo likes this.
    04-21-2017 08:34 AM
    The Past is past......today is The Day.
    To Infinity And Beyond. ...!!!!
    04-21-2017 08:36 AM
    04-21-2017 08:37 AM
    I was a little disappointed and next time will probably order from Verizon directly.... my biggest thing was that they said they could get them on the web and voice tracking system (and you were even told on the phone), but then denied in person. That was annoying, but I am not "mad" a BB for sticking to the dates.

What they have done over the past 3 launches is drive customers away and that is a shame. My biggest grip is that I want the $99 bundle and hopefully I get one before they hit the 50,000 committed units.

I understand that. I'm just ranting. I always order from Verizon and get it early. I did best buy for the $100 off. No big deal guys. It's just silly that they shipped them early but can't "release" them until today. Don't act like I was the only one that was disappointed about not being able to go yesterday. And that was inky because I had stuff to take care of today. Most people just wanted it early for the sake of getting it early. Plus I was told to come in and they screwed up. So yeah best buy didn't handle it great
    DWS44 likes this.
    04-21-2017 08:38 AM
    I was a little disappointed and next time will probably order from Verizon directly.... my biggest thing was that they said they could get them on the web and voice tracking system (and you were even told on the phone), but then denied in person. That was annoying, but I am not "mad" a BB for sticking to the dates.

What they have done over the past 3 launches is drive customers away and that is a shame. My biggest grip is that I want the $99 bundle and hopefully I get one before they hit the 50,000 committed units.
    I'm not mad at best buy either. I was slightly pissed that one person told me it was OK to get it. And then half way there they changed their minds. It's cool though. As long as I'm in and out today. I'll let ya know
    04-21-2017 08:40 AM
    On a different note... 2 hours until I leave work and try and pick up my S8+.... LOL
    04-21-2017 08:40 AM
    I'm not mad at best buy either. I was slightly pissed that one person told me it was OK to get it. And then half way there they changed their minds. It's cool though. As long as I'm in and out today. I'll let ya know
    Yez...SIrrrrr!!
    04-21-2017 08:41 AM
    Well, turns out the post by best buy to "ignore any dates that suggest your online pre-order won't come on the 21st" were incorrect.

Mine still shows as coming next week. Why would they ship UPS ground one day before release- for something they advertised as release date delivery? They know UPS ground averages 2-4 days. Seems kind of scummy on their part.
    I agree and am in the same boat...not getting mine until end of day Monday. Not a very good way to honor your customers that ordered weeks ago!
    DWS44 likes this.
    04-21-2017 08:44 AM
    I'm stalking my Best Buy Mobile right now. LOL
    Lefty724 likes this.
    04-21-2017 08:46 AM
    I pre-ordered from Best Buy at midnight the first day and my order days delayed up to 30 days! WTH best buy.
    04-21-2017 08:52 AM
    Yeah I called them today and asked if there was a consolation prize due to them missing the pre-order date. She said I'm not aware of one but I know I am going to get that question all day, let me place you on hold.

After 10 minutes the answer was no /= .

This issue is so easily resolved on their side though- just don't advertise release date arrival if you are not going to pay for the shipping to make that happen.
    04-21-2017 08:54 AM
    In and out, phone in hand
    04-21-2017 09:00 AM
    I understand the point but thank you. The reason I Pre ordered it was to make sure so get one. I'm just still pissed that they treat everyone the same no matter when you order it. They should have let people go yesterday, people have lives.
    I hear you. I've been apart of a lot of flagship preorders overs the years and I always know never do retailers like Best Buy, Target, Sams club if your hope is to get the device early. Doesn't mean it won't happen. Just not as likely. The best way to get a preorder early is order from your carrier for home delivery. They'll ship out a few days early because they rather it get to you 1 or 2 days early than late. I only did Best Buy this time because the price. Why pay $840 + tax when you can get it for $716 + tax on the same day. It was a no brainer for me just based on that.

I hear you but at least you have to wait no more
    Michael Pecikonis likes this.
    04-21-2017 09:12 AM
    I never received a call so I called them last night. They asked what time I would like my appointment and I said I'm leaving work early so how about 2:45, he said I have nothing around that time. It's the busiest block he has filled. He has morning or late afternoon? What? Is everyone taking off work early?

I didn't ask why I never got a call, just scheduled for 4:30. Then I went online to the best buy mobile appointment website (they had all times available) and scheduled again for myself for 3:00. We'll see how that goes.
    04-21-2017 09:14 AM
    Anything having to do with the emails being sent would have to be taken up with Best Buy corporate. What happens (and I see this a lot with movies and video games) is the product usually comes a day or two before the release date. The items that are for in store pick up automatically pop up for the inventory team to "pick" as soon as the box is received. They, in turn, have to scan it which prints out the tag with your name on it. After that happens, the computer system sends out generic emails saying to pick up your item. However, with items that have a release date, the same system will not allow us to release the item. I know it sucks (trust me, I wanted my phone yesterday too), but that's all corporate Best Buy stuff. I'm surprised the person who got a gift card out of the store manager even got that. 1-888-237-8289, call, complain, let them know. The only way the email system will change is if enough people complain about it
    ClintRo likes this.
    04-21-2017 09:24 AM
    My job is right across the street from Best Buy here in Columubs, IN. Bought my Note 7 there on launch day with on issues with lines. Thinking today would be the same....Nope!!! lol. Pulled up to at least 30 people in line that had pre-orders.
    04-21-2017 09:44 AM
    My in-store pickup and activation appointment went smoothly--15 minutes total, including a 5-minute delay to figure out how to keep my grandfathered unlimited-data plan. Plus they gave me a $50 gift certificate to make up for my going to their store two days ago when their website erroneously confirmed a premature pickup appointment.
    Ca_lvn likes this.
    04-21-2017 10:02 AM
    I'm at best buy league city supposedly the power went out last night and don't know when they will open
    04-21-2017 10:05 AM
    For those wondering....i walked into Best Buy as they opened and went directly to the online order counter. There was 1 person in line in front of me. That person was there to pick up their S8 also. They were redirected to the mobile phone counter because the did in-store preorder. I ordered online, I was rang up handed my phone and walked out. No in store set up as I prefered.
    alphabets likes this.
    04-21-2017 10:07 AM
    The last picture from my S5 before it goes into cryogenic sleep....Best Buy Pre-Orders-20170421_103420.jpg
    Lefty724 likes this.
    04-21-2017 10:28 AM
    In and out less then 20 minutes. They just scanned Barcode and didn't even open the box, now just to transfer everything from Galaxy S7 edge ☺️
    04-21-2017 10:38 AM
    In and out in 5 minutes. No appointment. Not one person in line. They didn't have to activate it didn't have to do anything. S8 Plus black in the bag! I got to go back to work now so I'm going to activate it later unfortunately
    alphabets and experiment 626 like this.
    04-21-2017 11:02 AM
1,023 ... 3536373839 ...