They played it safe with my pre-order in a plot to not break the street date and sent it out on 4/20 via ground
    Today 10:10 AM
    You guys do understand that the average consumer doesn't care about contracts and street dates. We as a group only care about how much and when to differing degrees. Best buy will lose business over this and that should be all that matters to retailers. The problem is that I doubt it is just a few sales they are loosing. You work there... You know how unreasonable people can actually be over stupid stuff. Something was advertised and people didn't get it. The rules don't matter it is all about perception and this will effect peoples shopping habits. If i don't get something because I got it at Best Buy but my friend got it because he went to Verizon next time I am going to go to Verizon. Is that unreasonable?

They will have to either strong arm Samsung or continue to discount phones. Why are they the only one with a discounted price? Because they are loosing business without it.
    Best Buy probably won't lose any meaningful business over this. First of all, most people are price sensitive above all else. Like airline travel, nobody will remember this the next time BB has the best price. There's another principle in business called firing a customer. Not sure they would deliberately do that, but some customers are just not worth having. I'd put the angry few people (that got exactly what they paid for, a phone on release day, at a discount) in that category.
    Today 10:13 AM
    Yes but people also had the expectation that they would get other items at discount and not all of them come to this forum. That being said you nor I really have any way to tell one way or the other. So we can cordially agree to disagree. ☺️
    Today 10:22 AM
    Best Buy probably won't lose any meaningful business over this. First of all, most people are price sensitive above all else. Like airline travel, nobody will remember this the next time BB has the best price. There's another principle in business called firing a customer. Not sure they would deliberately do that, but some customers are just not worth having. I'd put the angry few people (that got exactly what they paid for, a phone on release day, at a discount) in that category.
    This 100%. If Best Buy has the best deal next time. They won't lose any measurable percentage of customers because they provided the customers EXACTLY WITH WHAT THEY SAID THEY WOULD.
    Today 10:24 AM
    Well, I'm as impatient as they come lol. I was promised 4/21 and was happy with that. If it came early, bonus....

This was my first preorder from BB and the $100 off + VR stuff was worth the wait in line and talking to uninformed sales people.

I really wanted the $99 immersive bundle but it was sold out already so big deal.....I know Samsung will make things right, they always do.

I'm a BlackBerry guy at heart but the Keyone fiasco is what drove me and back to Samsung. I think I've made the right choice!
    Today 10:25 AM
    Yes but people also had the expectation that they would get other items at discount and not all of them come to this forum. That being said you nor I really have any way to tell one way or the other. So we can cordially agree to disagree. ☺️
    Well, there were customers at just about every retailer that did not receive the VR immersion bundle. The only thing a REASONABLE person would take from this is that Samsung screwed up. If you want to the a stand and boycott someone, they would be the one to do it against.

I have a feeling though that your crusade will end when it results in you not getting your phone you want. It's easier to place blame in the wrong spot and boycott Best Buy who did nothing wrong in order to feel like you did something.
    Today 10:28 AM
    I'm very happy with how my Best Buy pre-order purchase turned out. I got a $150 discount on the phone, plus Samsung confirmation of the free Gear VR. I picked up the phone on the morning of the advertised release day. I didn't want the $99 VR bundle, but if I had wanted it and not gotten it, I'd have blamed Samsung, not Best Buy. Even a "while supplies last" offer ought to extend at least through the day of release, or else the advertising is misleading.
    Today 10:36 AM
    Then why do other outlets do it?
    Which IN STORE preorders were released early at all stores in a chain? I didn't hear of any besides singular stores in areas. In which case, it's a singular store/ district manager that doesn't understand contracts that will probably be written up or fired this week.
    Today 10:37 AM
    Sam's as reported by someone above. Like I said I don't really blame Best Buy for this, but the fact is that I will probably buy elsewhere next time so I can get the phone I want and have a chance at the extra. The whole time I have been saying that Best Buy should leverage thier relationship with Samsung to level the playing field.

Life is about results....not who tries the hardest. Unfortunately that lesson has been lost with the everyone gets a trophy mindset we have lately.
    Today 10:52 AM
    Oh yeah and pick up in store vs ship to home is probably something I won't do again. Next time unless the discount is huge I will order from Verizon shipped to my office. I won't lose any sleep over not getting the $99 bundle but would have liked to at least had a chance at getting one. Plenty others are very passionate about it. Plenty of others have been very vocal in other threads that you shouldn't order from BB.

I want Best Buy to survive. I am a fan that is why I want them to remain competitive.
    Today 10:57 AM
    Life is about results....not who tries the hardest. Unfortunately that lesson has been lost with the everyone gets a trophy mindset we have lately.
    Your criticism of humiliation-free education of small children is as misguided as it is off-topic. No one is giving Best Buy a "trophy" for "trying hardest", and no one there expects anyone to do so.
    Today 11:01 AM
    Still waiting for my phone that was preordered over three weeks ago... end of day tomorrow due to BB's incompetence! The promo value far outweighed the $100 savings at BB (Lesson learned)

When BB ran out of inventory to fill my preorder, they shouldn't have shipped it UPS Ground when it had to come from out of state... to say I am disappointed is an understatement!
    Today 11:05 AM
    So life is about results.. even when it involves cheating/ low morality .. ie breaking defined contracts. Gotcha

Also Sams did not release early in my area. So what you heard of is a rogue employee releasing early that won't have a job anymore
    Today 11:06 AM
    Still waiting for my phone that was preordered over three weeks ago... end of day tomorrow due to BB's incompetence! The promo value far outweighed the $100 savings at BB Lesson learned)
    Now this is a case where being mad at best buy is probably acceptable
    ClintRo likes this.
    Today 11:07 AM
    Again.... I am not mad at Best Buy. I just suggest that Best Buy use morally acceptable means to provide a more competitive atmosphere. I will probably shop elsewhere next time. As will others. If things change I may come back.
    Today 11:20 AM
    This 100%. If Best Buy has the best deal next time. They won't lose any measurable percentage of customers because they provided the customers EXACTLY WITH WHAT THEY SAID THEY WOULD.
    So wait are you saying I was told 4/25? cause I have an email I can show you to differ.
    k.scott likes this.
    Today 11:34 AM
1,041 ... 404142