How to view notifications when using iris scanner or facial unlock.

sam00

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I love Samsung phones and I really want to buy the S8 plus but there really is one thing really bothering me. The fingerprint scanner being at back in an awkward position will force me to use either the iris scanner or facial recognition to unlock the phone however I always like to see my notifications on my lock screen before I unlock my phone. So how can you view your notifications whilst looking at your phone and not unlocking it?

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
if I remember correctly from the note 7, you have to swipe to unlock the phone no matter what method you use. So it'll still give you a home screen before the iris scanner.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I love Samsung phones and I really want to buy the S8 plus but there really is one thing really bothering me. The fingerprint scanner being at back in an awkward position will force me to use either the iris scanner or facial recognition to unlock the phone however I always like to see my notifications on my lock screen before I unlock my phone. So how can you view your notifications whilst looking at your phone and not unlocking it?

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly but can you not see the notifications with the always on display I'm pretty sure this is how it worked with the Note 7 and every other Android

sam00

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I want to see my lock screen notifications without unlocking the phone. AOD doesn't give you a preview description of your notifications only numbers.

sam00

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Like I said the AOD doesn't give me full preview notifications and pressing the home button will wake the phone and immediately unlock the phone when iris scanner is enabled. If the iris scanner works without swiping up again I won't be able to see the notifications.