My S8 got delivered.

ajaffarali

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Got my S8 yesterday and am playing with it non stop. Black looks stunning but I chose Orchid Grey because it shows less fingerprints on the back. Even that is a great color. Happy to answer any questions.

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Got my S8 yesterday and am playing with it non stop. Black looks stunning but I chose Orchid Grey because it shows less fingerprints on the back. Even that is a great color. Happy to answer any questions.

Congrats. I'm getting the orchid grey as well. When did you order it?

ajaffarali

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a case? If so, how does it feel in hand while using the case? And does it play well with the screen?

Yes- have the case that has the suede finish. That feels great but I took it off after a couple of hours because of two reasons- makes the fingerprint sensor harder to use and the feel of a naked S8 is so much better in your hands!

ajaffarali

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Where did you order from?

What are your thought on the placement of the fps?

Ordered it from Samsung directly. Do not like the placement on the fingerprint sensor- hard to reach and the small size doesn't make it any more convenient. Maybe a few more days will make me get used to it. Face unlock makes things a bit easier but isn't as consisten and depends on lighting conditions.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Nice! Do you have the Snap Dragon processor or Exynos? Will be curious to hear your experience with battery life.

ajaffarali

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Exynos. Still too early to tell on battery life. Have spent yesterday and today setting it up, downloading apps, syncing music and pictures and everything else. Can hopefully give you a better indication in the next couple of days.

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Battery life will of big interest to me as well. Especially after you have played with it for a few days and then settle into a more typical routine. I am told Samsung has some "changes" you can make manually (max battery life/Normal/etc.) that you can play with as well. Have fun!

ajaffarali

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I just see the usual Power Saving modes "Off, Mid and Max" and the optimize apps settings in battery CP. Not sure if there is another place j should be looking at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech